Bill Neigh in Trade Ya!
| Cutie mark|
|Voice||Jayson Thiessen (English)|
Luis Alfonso Mendoza (Latin American Spanish)
Design and development
Bill Neigh shares his mane style and glasses design with S05E07 Unnamed Earth Stallion #0 and his color scheme with "Sterling Silver". On June 11, 2016, Jim Miller was asked "Was that an Alton Brown-inspired pony? pic.twitter.com/gvyxWLS3i0" and answered "Not specifically." His name is a play on Bill Nye.
Depiction in the seriesBill Neigh first appears during The Failure Song in The Crystal Empire - Part 1. He is seen in a Canterlot room that matches the design of the School for Gifted Unicorns room shown in The Cutie Mark Chronicles. He checks Twilight Sparkle's recitation of the square root of 546 being 23.36664289109 and subsequently proclaiming "She is correct!" The episode's ending credits mistakenly credit Andrew Francis for the voiced role; Jayson Thiessen and Daniel Ingram have stated that he is voiced by Jayson Thiessen.
Bill Neigh later appears in Trade Ya!, managing a stall at the Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange and appearing at several points throughout the episode; in two such shots, he is seen conducting trades with Joe. He makes some background appearances in Spice Up Your Life
Times are approximate.
|1||6:33 - appears during The Failure Song|
|22||0:36 - welcoming Princess Twilight to the Traders Exchange; 3:13, 5:43, 8:59, 11:45, 13:33, 14:02 - managing a stall at the Traders Exchange; 8:03, 12:19 - trading with Joe|
|12||11:28 - standing in Canterlot; 20:47 - sitting at a table with Neon Lights|
Bill Neigh is a playable character called "Professor" in Gameloft's mobile game, added to the iOS version of the game on December 9, 2013 and to the Android version on December 17, 2013. His in-game description states "Professor is a very smart earth pony with a molecule for a cutie mark. He always has some square roots to calculate!"
MerchandiseIn Enterplay's collectible card game, Bill Neigh is named on his card, the Gen Con Indy 2013 demo version of which names him "Bill Neigh" with a trademark symbol and the α #52 C and α #ƒ21 versions of which name him "Professor Neigh". All three versions of the card attribute to him the quote "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some square roots to calculate. See ya!"
- "She is correct!"
- — The Crystal Empire - Part 1
- "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some square roots to calculate. See ya!"
- — Enterplay collectible card game Gen Con Indy 2013 demo card of Bill Neigh and α #52 and α #ƒ21 cards of Professor Neigh
- ↑ Daniel Ingram (2012-07-13). @chalupatime eyup ;) how did .... Twitter. Retrieved on 2014 July 13.
- ↑ Jayson Thiessen (2012-07-13). @Dojorkan @dannyimusic you .... Twitter. Retrieved on 2014 July 13.
- ↑ Jayson Thiessen (2012-07-14). @mrxles @dannyimusic you'd be Correct!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2014 July 13.
- ↑ Jayson Thiessen (2014-02-22). @SpikeFiremane it was me. My .... Twitter. Retrieved on 2014 July 13.
- ↑ Jim Miller (2016-06-11). The Biggest Jerk on Twitter: "@caycifish Not specifically.". Twitter. Retrieved on 2016 June 12.
- ↑ Jayson Thiessen (2014-02-22). @SpikeFiremane not sure what .... Twitter. Retrieved on 2014 July 13.