|Mane|| Brilliant amaranth|
Pale, light grayish olive
|Coat||Pale, light grayish blue|
|Relatives||Windy Whistles (wife)|
Rainbow Dash (daughter)
| Cutie mark|
|Voice||Jason Deline (English)|
|Mane||¤ Light scarlet and orange|
|Coat||Pale, light grayish cornflower blue|
|Relatives||Bow Hothoof (husband)|
Rainbow Dash (daughter)
| Cutie mark|
|Voice||Sarah Edmondson (English)|
Development and designs
Bow Hothoof resembles Rainbow Blaze.
Windy Whistles has an unnamed G3.5 counterpart and a similar name to G1 Wind Whistler. Lauren Faust mentioned on Twitter and Ponychan in 2013 having wanted to make "RD's mom" G1 Firefly; G1 Firefly's G4 counterpart(s) ended up instead being General Firefly and Issue 01 Unnamed Mare - Firefly.
Bow and Windy were designed by Kora Kosicka.
Depiction in the series
Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles appear in Parental Glideance when Scootaloo slingshots herself to their house in Cloudsdale. Upon meeting them, Scootaloo is thrilled to the point of uncontrollable, high-pitched squealing. She tells Bow and Windy that she's doing a school report about their daughter Rainbow Dash, whom she considers to be her hero, and Bow and Windy are delighted to meet another pony who adores and idolizes Rainbow as much as they do.
Bow and Windy give Scootaloo a tour of their home, showing her Rainbow Dash's bedroom and trophy collection. They react with shock and immense pride when Scootaloo informs them that Rainbow is a member of the Wonderbolts. They go to visit her at the Wonderbolt Academy and enthusiastically cheer her on during training, embarrassing her in front of the other Wonderbolts. Rainbow tells Scootaloo that it is because of her parents' tendency to embarrass her during competitions that she never told them about her new position.
During several subsequent Wonderbolts shows and public appearances, Bow and Windy appear to eagerly cheer Rainbow Dash on, causing her continued humiliation. In the academy locker room, their excessive cheering pushes Rainbow over the edge, and she angrily chews them out, causing them to leave in tears. With Scootaloo's help, Rainbow realizes that her parents' overenthusiastic support made her the successful flyer she is today, and she makes amends with her parents with a private Wonderbolts show dedicated to them.
Bow and Windy appear in the first few pages of Friendship is Magic Issue 55.
Rainbow Dash's Enterplay collectible card game Marks in Time expansion set card #10 C lists the quote, "I had the Junior Speedsters chant stuck in my head for three years straight! Never got sick of it either, but my dad sure did."
- Bow Hothoof: [to Scootaloo] Now, little trotter, what you say is impossible. [excitedly] Because nopony is a bigger fan of our Rainbow Dash than us!
- Windy Whistles: My name's Windy Whistles, and I just have to say that it is a total blast to meet somepony that loves Rainbow Dash as much as we do!
- Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles: Our daughter's a Wonderbolt?!
- Windy Whistles: [to Spitfire] Nice to meet you as well, and love those goggles! Love 'em! You know, I have goggles, too. But they're mostly just for swimming. Oh, and bath time.
- Bow Hothoof: Trot on, Bolts! Let's start this thing!
- Windy Whistles: Wonderbolts Big Showcase! Here! We! Gooooooooo!
- Bow Hothoof: Rip it up and tear! It! Down!
- Windy Whistles: Then build it back up again and tear it back down again!
- Windy Whistles: First of all, great job yelling at us, sweetie. No one [sniffs] can make their parents feel more worthless than you!
- Bow Hothoof: [through tears] Your words were direct, clear, and... so painful! Is there nothing you can't do?!
- Windy Whistles: I'm telling you, I just can't see a thing. Scootaloo, you are just so great at blindfolds!
- Bow Hothoof: It's true. You must tell me what kind of knot you used. Uh, falconer's knot? Wait, no! A farmer's loop!
- Windy Whistles: Oh, honey, thank you. But you didn't have to do all this. It's kind of [whispers] embarrassing.
- Bow Hothoof: Eh, it is a bit much.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2013-06-08). No.2520292. /arch/. Ponychan. Retrieved on 2013 June 9.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2013-03-15). Lauren Faust on Twitter: "@kolmoslink @PrivateStampede @orangemeerkat I would have liked to make Firefly RD's mom.". Twitter. Retrieved on 2017 May 9.
- ↑ Jim Miller (2017-05-20). Biggest Jim on Twitter: "@kkosicka is the #MLPSeason7 character designer.". Twitter. Retrieved on 2017 May 21.
- ↑ My Little Pony Tales. Facebook (2011-04-12). Retrieved on 2015 April 23.
- ↑ "The Cutie Cliffhanger... the Quest for the Cutie Mark". My Little Pony News. Blogger (2011-04-06). Retrieved on 2015 April 23.