Cloudchaser as a filly in Pinkie Pride
|Occupation||Foalsitter of Rumble|
|Mane||¤ Pale cerulean with white highlights|
|Coat||Pale persian blue|
| Cutie mark|
(most scenes and merchandise)
|Voice||Cathy Weseluck (English, S2E22)|
Ashleigh Ball (English, S3E7)
Mikoi Sasaki (Japanese)
Ioana Dagău (Romanian)
Cloudchaser is a female Pegasus pony who has a similar, albeit slightly darker, color scheme to Flitter. Her eyes are rose, unlike Flitter's. Her cutie mark is a shooting star in most scenes, but a cloud in front of the sun in some scenes, occasionally switching from the latter to the former; the former is used to represent her on a score-keeping chalkboard during cloud-busting at the Wonderbolt Academy and is listed on Enterplay's Flitter & Cloudchaser trading card. Cloudchaser has the spikier hair of the two. She is called by her studio file name Stormwalker in some merchandise.
Development and design
Cloudchaser is a grayish lilac color, and has a mane style not seen on any other pony. The compound word "Cloudchaser" refers to the job of the majority of Pegasi, that being to control the weather. Cloudchaser shares her coat and eye colors, and sometimes cutie mark, with "Cloud Kicker", and usually has a cutie mark very similar to that of Stardash.
A DHX layout artist wrote in late May 2013 "The name for the pegasus in our files at the studio is in fact Stormwalker, so how did she become Cloudchaser in the show? Well, in the script for Hurricane Fluttershy, there was both a Cloudchaser and Stormwalker. Stormwalker was cut before storyboards, and Cloudchaser was never designed. The storyboard artists used the Stormwalker design in the scenes where Cloudchaser was in the script and I posed them out in layout." The name Stormwalker is used for Cloudchaser in Little, Brown's My Little Pony Friendship is Magic official guidebook My Little Pony: The Elements of Harmony, but is mentioned as not being her name in her quote on her Enterplay collectible card game card's Gen Con Indy 2013 demo version, α #11 R version, and #Pƒ14 version.
Depiction in the series
Cloudchaser is first seen in Hurricane Fluttershy holding one of Rainbow Dash's fliers in her mouth, whilst Flitter reads the message out. She attends the meeting, and is later seen stretching, standing upside down. Rainbow compliments her on her flexibility.
She has a hard time understanding Twilight Sparkle's explanation of measuring flight power, seemingly more than the other Pegasi, but understands when Spike explains it simply. After Thunderlane's flying performance, she pets his mane. She prepares for flight, and is seen putting on her goggles, before she heads into the hurricane with the others. Cloudchaser later compliments Fluttershy, after landing. Her cutie mark changes during this scene.Cloudchaser appears as a cadet in Wonderbolts Academy, in which she is easily intimidated by Spitfire: when put on the spot, she denies she thinks she can be an elite flier. During her training, she's partnered with Bulk Biceps, serving as the lead pony in the duo; the two end up stuck in clouds due to Lightning Dust's risky actions. Later, Cloudchaser ends up saving Fluttershy from falling, and is not amused when Fluttershy remembers she can fly too, or when Lightning Dust shrugs the tornado incident off.
Cloudchaser and Flitter are seen again in the season four episode Rainbow Falls. Filly versions of Cloudchaser and Flitter are seen in Cheese Sandwich's flashback in Pinkie Pride. Drawings in Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 use Cloudchaser's design.
In Equestria Games, she and Flitter are two of the Pegasi attempting to prevent the icy cloud from crashing into the stadium.
Cloudchaser appears without Flitter in Twilight's Kingdom - Part 1 as a Wonderbolt Cadet, attempting to stop Lord Tirek from stealing any more unicorn magic. However, she, along with the other Pegasi, ends up being stripped of her Pegasus magic. The magic gets returned to her and the other Pegasi, including Flitter, in Twilight's Kingdom - Part 2.
Depiction in Rainbow Rocks
During the establishing shot of Ponyville in the film My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks, Cloudchaser is one of the Pegasi who flies over the town square.
Series 2 of Enterplay's trading cards includes a Flitter & Cloudchaser card, #17. The back of the card shows their names both with trademark symbols, lists Thunderlane, Rumble, and Bulk Biceps as friends, and states "Flitter and Cloudchaser's accelerative velocity translates into an excellent cumulative H2O antigravitational potential. Which, in English, means these two can really fly! These two fun-loving pegasi are longtime friends with fellow flyer Thunderlane, and they love foalsitting his little brother Rumble. Cloudchaser has recently been seen at the Wonderbolts Academy, but does she have what it takes to join such elite fliers? Good luck, Cloudchaser!"
Cloudchaser also appears with her name shown with a trademark symbol in Enterplay's collectible card game, in which she mentions the name Stormwalker as not being her name on her card's Gen Con Indy 2013 demo version, α #11 R version, and #Pƒ14 version.
My Little Pony Friendship Express Train™ Puzzle Adventure shows a small portion of Cloudchaser's mane and eyelashes in a screenshot from Hurricane Fluttershy. This was her first appearance, as the game was released earlier than the episode was.
- See also: Character appearances
|Y||At least one appearance where the character is the focus of a shot|
|B||Background appearance or an appearance where the character is not the focus|
|M||No appearance, but a mention by name or title|
|N||No appearance and no mention by name or title|
- "What exactly does this machine do?"
- — Cloudchaser to Twilight in Hurricane Fluttershy
- "Ohhhh... Okay... I see..."
- — Cloudchaser in Hurricane Fluttershy
- "Yeah, we couldn't have done it without you!"
- — Cloudchaser to Fluttershy in Hurricane Fluttershy
- "Eh, you might want to check the wall."
- — Cloudchaser to Rainbow Dash in Wonderbolts Academy
- "Clouds are nice and all, but why didn't my parents name me something cool, like Stormwalker? Now THAT'S a name."
- — Enterplay collectible card game card of Cloudchaser, Gen Con Indy 2013 demo version, α #11 R version, and #Pƒ14 vesion
- ↑ Cathy Weseluck (2013-04-14). Answer on Twitter. Retrieved on 2013 April 14.
- ↑ Kelly Metzger (2013-04-14). Answer on Twitter. Retrieved on 2013 April 14.
- ↑ In Topic: Season 2 Roundup. The Allspark Forums (2013-05-30). Retrieved on 2013 May 30. Archived locally.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 fbbr.jpg. Retrieved on 2013 August 20.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 MLP_CCG: The 1st and only foil .... Twitter (2014-07-08). Retrieved on 2014 July 9.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 ECi4RNV.png (2014-06-04). Retrieved on 2014 July 8.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Trevor McGregor (2014-06-04). OriginalTmac: I think players might like .... Twitter. Retrieved on 2014 July 8.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Amanda Craig (2014-06-04). MLPCCGAmanda: RT @OriginalTmac I think players .... Twitter. Retrieved on 2014 July 8.
- ↑ クラウドチェイサー改名？. フレンドシップ研究所 (2013-05-28). Retrieved on 2013 May 28.
- ↑ My Little Pony Winning Style: Stories, Activites, and Tattoos. Amazon.com. Retrieved on 2013 October 21.