Development and production
The term "cloudominium" was used in asset file naming of Rainbow Dash's cloud house. The name was also used by colorist Janice Kubo to describe Dave Dunnet's artwork, which was later identified as Cloudsdale preproduction art on page 35 of the guidebook The Elements of Harmony. The name was used again by Jim Miller on Twitter in reference to Rainbow Dash's home in Tanks for the Memories on April 25, 2015.
Depiction in the series
Season oneRainbow Dash's cloudominium first appears in Griffon the Brush Off, in which only the house's exterior is shown, with cloud pillars and rainbow waterfalls. In Dragonshy, Rainbow Dash uses the rainbow water as face paint as she prepares to set off with her friends to confront a dragon. In Swarm of the Century, some of the house's interior is shown; Rainbow Dash sleeps on a bed of clouds as she is awakened by a small swarm of parasprites.
Season fourIn Daring Don't, the cloudominium has a large, open foyer in which Rainbow has a Wonderbolts statue on display. In Testing Testing 1, 2, 3, Rainbow flies to her house with Twilight Sparkle as Twilight helps her prepare for her Wonderbolts Reserve exam.
In Castle Sweet Castle, Rainbow Dash gathers various Wonderbolts memorabilia from her house and brings it to the Castle of Friendship to make it feel more like a home. In Tanks for the Memories, Rainbow Dash's friends visit her cloudominium and help her accept Tank's need to hibernate.
In Newbie Dash, the Mane Six appear at Rainbow Dash's house to send Rainbow off before heading to the Wonderbolt Headquarters. Later in the episode, the Mane Six and the Cutie Mark Crusaders throw Rainbow a party after her first training session.
The cloudominium appears on pages 20–21 of My Little Pony Micro-Series Issue #2. Rainbow Dash tethers the house to the ground when she believes pulling off a sonic double rainboom has prevented her from flying again.mobile game, the cloudominium is Rainbow Dash's Ponyville home. In Gameloft production material, it is listed as "Rainbow Dash's House" Discovery Family (previously the Hub Network)'s online game Equestrivia Challenge had "Rainbow Dash" as the correct answer to the question "Which awesome pony used to live here?" in reference to the cloudominium in Griffon the Brush Off, Dragonshy, and Swarm of the Century.
MerchandiseA cloudominium playset with Rainbow Dash is included in the Explore Equestria line of toys.
In series 3 of Enterplay's trading cards, cards #4, #F13, and #F58 of Rainbow Dash list her location as "Cloud House," displaying her cloudominium as it appears in Griffon the Brush Off, Dragonshy, and Swarm of the Century, and card #E5 of Griffon the Brush Off lists the episode as being the first appearance of Rainbow Dash's cloud house.
- ↑ AssetsLicensor.zip. Archived.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Janice Kubo (2011-12-13). My Little Pony, Cleanup and Color. Janice's Corner. Blogger. Retrieved on 2015 April 14.
- ↑ Jim Miller (2015-04-25). Big Jim on Twitter: "RD's cloudominium is pretty nice. #MLP5". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 April 25.
- ↑ rainbows-room.jpg. Photobucket (2011-10-31). Retrieved on 2015 April 14.
- ↑ Comment on Woodland Cottage by durger. DeviantArt (2012-03-19). Retrieved on 2015 April 14.
- ↑ Tony Fleecs (2013-03-20). Re: Micro Series #2 Discussion. Horsie Forums :3. The Round Stable. Retrieved on 2015 April 14.
- ↑ C0ix6.jpg. Imgur (2012-12-26). Retrieved on 2015 April 14.
- ↑ Timeline Photos - My Little Pony Game. Facebook (2013-01-22). Retrieved on 2015 April 14.
- ↑ quizData.xml (2014-08-08). Retrieved on 2015 April 14.