|Coverage of the fan-community requires reliable third-party sources. Statements consisting only of original research about the fan community may be removed. Statements sourced to fan work may be removed.|
From Suited for Success
|Mane||Moderate cobalt blue with brilliant cyan stripes|
|Magic aura||Light cobalt blue|
|Glasses||Gradient from dark purple to moderate heliotrope with lighter streaks|
| Cutie mark|
While DJ Pon-3's coat appears white in Suited For Success due to the lighting of the scene, a layout artist on the show noted that the character model's coat color is actually a very pale yellow, specifically the 24-bit hex triplet #FEFDE7. This is more clearly seen in the episodes A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2 and Magical Mystery Cure. Her coat color in the DJ Pinkie Pie game is the same, while her Playful Ponies toy is white. Her eye color is also revealed in A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2 to be moderate cerise, the same as that of Rainbow Dash and many other ponies.
DJ Pon-3's cutie mark is the mirror image of two bridged eighth notes. It appears as such on the show, on a trading card, and on websites (all showing the left side of her body), but appears non-mirrored (when showing the right side of her body) on her toy, on the Season 2 poster, and on websites.
Depiction in the seriesEditDuring the opening of Rarity's first fashion show in Suited For Success, DJ Pon-3 appears for a brief three-second moment, operating a turntable with her unicorn magic. During the post-wedding party in A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2, Pinkie Pie pulls her from under the turntable and they spin the records. She briefly lifts her glasses, revealing her magenta-colored eyes before closing them and nodding to the beat. During the Cutie Mark Song in Magical Mystery Cure, she appears at Sugarcube Corner as one of the ponies Fluttershy fails to make laugh. DJ Pon-3 also makes an appearance in the trailer for My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, seen serving as a disk jockey at a party.
Depiction in promotional materialEditDJ Pon-3's name is mentioned in the Equestria Girls commercial where it is pronounced "Dee jay pon-three." The video also references bronies and other online Friendship is Magic phenomena. Her name was later spelled as "DJ Pon3" in the "There's a Pony For That" commercial.
DJ Pon-3's brief appearance at a turntable in A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2 was featured in several advertisements and other promotional material, such as a computer wallpaper. One of the Flash assets on The Hub's website depicts her, when the Flash file is decompiled and its assets are rearranged, with magenta irises underneath her purple-pink glasses, prior to their appearance in the show. One of the backgrounds on Hasbro's Pony Wedding site depicts her with the same eye color.
My Little Pony mobile game descriptionEdit
At home behind a turntable, DJ Pon-3 is known for her amazing beats and trademark sunglasses.
First partyEditOn 11 February 2012, Hasbro's My Little Pony Facebook page announced that a DJ Pon-3 toy would come out in Fall 2012, as part of a Toys 'R' Us exclusive pack, later revealed to be part of the Toys 'R' Us exclusive Collector Series and to be named the Friendship Is Magic Favorite Collection Featuring Nightmare Moon. In the initial announcement, DJ Pon-3 was called a "fan favorite."
DJ Pon-3, along with a host of characters from the show, appears on the Comic Con 2011 promotional poster.
Base collectable trading card #27 of 84 is DJ Pon-3 & Octavia, with the description "DJ Pon-3 and Octavia may both be at the top of their musical games, but their careers are very, very different! You can find Octavia at garden parties and galas performing prim and proper classical music on her cello. On the other hoof, DJ Pon-3 feels at home behind her turntable, laying down sick beats and wearing her trademark sunglasses. Are these two bitter rivals, or are they long time friends? Will they ever perform a duet? Only time will tell!"
WeLoveFine sells several fan-designed T-shirts and other merchandise featuring DJ Pon-3. One bears the name "Vinyl Scratch", and the titles of some others refer to her by that name.
- ↑ The trademarked spelling "DJ Pon-3" is used in the 2012 trading cards and in Hasbro's announcement of the 2012 Toys R Us exclusive Collector Series toyline. Previously, in the There's a Pony For That commercial, The Hub used the spelling "DJ Pon3". "Vın̈yl Scratch" is the name that was used at the Hasbro booth at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo 2012. Alternate spellings and names fall under coverage of the fan community and require reliable third-party sources.
- ↑ Sabrina Alberghetti, comment regarding DJ Pon-3's eye color. 2012-05-25. Accessed 2012-06-07.
- ↑ Layout artist Nayuki discussing the CMC and DJ Pon-3, archived locally.
- ↑ The DJ game on Hubworld
- ↑ ASM's Toy Fair 2012 Gallery ASM's Toy Fair 2012 Gallery (2012-02-11). Retrieved on 2012 February 12.
- ↑ The title screen for the DJ Pinkie Pie game (hosted locally)
- ↑ Commercial for A Canterlot Wedding. Retrieved on 2012 May 29.
- ↑ Hubworld site, DJ Pinkie Pie game. Retrieved 2012-05-29
- ↑ Pinkie Pie DJ Game. Retrieved on 2012 July 16.
- ↑ My Little Pony Facebook page: "Here’s your first look at some magical new pony friends, coming exclusively to Toys R Us this fall.". Retrieved on 2012 April 3.