Blunt at the 72nd Golden Globe Awards
|Full name||Emily Olivia Leah Blunt|
|Birthdate||February 23, 1983 (age 35)|
|Voice roles||Tempest Shadow|
Blunt's involvement in the film was first unofficially confirmed by a cast listing for the film on Box Office Mojo in November 2015. She was later officially announced as a cast member in the film on February 12, 2016.
Outside My Little Pony, Blunt is an Award-winning and nominated actress. She made her professional debut in theater in a 2001 production of The Royal Family, in which she acted opposite Judi Dench and for which she was named "Best Newcomer" by Evening Standard. Her breakout performance was in the 2004 drama film My Summer of Love.
In other films, Blunt played Emily Charlton in The Devil Wears Prada, for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe for "Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture" and a BAFTA Award for "Best Actress in a Supporting Role", and Queen Victoria in the 2009 period film The Young Victoria. She has also starred in The Jane Austen Book Club, Charlie Wilson's War, The Adjustment Bureau, The Five-Year Engagement, Looper, Edge of Tomorrow, Into the Woods, Sicario, The Huntsman: Winter's War and the title role in the 2018 film Mary Poppins Returns. Blunt's role in The Devil Wears Prada served as inspiration for the character Sassy Saddles.
In television, Blunt debuted in the 2003 television film Boudica, and she won a Golden Globe for "Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film" for her performance in Gideon's Daughter. She has also starred in the 2005 historical series Empire and lent her voice to an episode of The Simpsons in season twenty.
- ↑ My Little Pony (2017) (2017). Box Office Mojo. Retrieved on 2016 February 15.
- ↑ Jonathon Dornbush (2016-02-12). Emily Blunt saddles up for My Little Pony movie. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 2016 February 15.
- ↑ The Illustrious Q (2017-09-11). HASCON Interview: Meghan McCarthy on Writing for My Little Pony: The Movie. Equestria Daily. Retrieved on 2018 March 6.
- ↑ Rebecca Dart (2015-09-12). Bingo!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 September 19.
- ↑ Amy Keating Rogers (2015-09-13). @bluepenkoushiro Actually, I believe Sassy's design was inspired by Emily Blunt's character in "The Devil Wears Prada.". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 September 19.