|2011-09-25 • 2011-12-31 • 2012-07-31|
2013-03-31 • 2014-10-10 • 2015-12-01 • 2016-12-01
Discuss nominations for the featured article and the front-page slider here. -Throwawaytv 08:59, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
While season three is airing, we are doing one slider for the latest aired episode, one for the upcoming episode, and two features. Usually they are changed on the first of every month but changes can be discussed at any time.
January 2017 nominations
For January 2017, I think it would be a good idea to make it a Legend of Everfree-themed month. With that in mind, I think , Gloriosa Daisy, Timber Spruce, and Camp Everfree should absolutely be featured. Now, that leaves us with one slider left. Since articles like the movie itself and its soundtrack have already been featured, I'm thinking that one of the movie's musical numbers could take the fourth slot, and I think We Will Stand For Everfree would be a good candidate for that slot.
What do you think?16:26, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
- We Will Stand For Everfree is a good choice (in addition to the others nominated). If not that, though, I propose Katrina Hadley as a possible alternative. She was the Legend of Everfree assistant director, and January is her birth month. 19:36, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Good suggestion. Not yet certain whether or not I support that being the last slider over We Will Stand For Everfree, but it's a good suggestion nevertheless. 21:12, December 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Support Gloriosa Daisy, Timber Spruce, Camp Everfree, and Katrina Hadley.--
- After thinking about it a bit, I guess Katrina Hadley would be a good fit for the last slider, so I Support. 10:58, December 30, 2016 (UTC)
February 2017 nominations
Considering Valentine's Day is next month, my suggestions for what articles should be featured for February would be to feature the episode Hearts and Hooves Day and three articles for the married couples on the show. As for which three couples should be featured, I suggest Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Twilight Velvet and Night Light, and Igneous Rock Pie and Cloudy Quartz.
What do you think?15:57, January 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Since Mr. and Mrs. Shy have already been featured once and other couples like Hondo Flanks and Cookie Crumbles and Jet Set and Upper Crust haven't been featured in the series that prominently lately, these sound like solid suggestions to me. 00:51, January 24, 2017 (UTC)
March 2017 nominations
Since the Friends Forever comic series is coming to an end, perhaps the Friends Forever page could be a nominee for March! It could be a comic booky Month! Maybe all four columns can be each of the four comic series we have so far! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 23:41, February 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Friends Forever and FIENDship is Magic have already been featured before, and the Micro-Series hasn't been relevant since it ended. How about My Little Pony Annual 2017 instead? It comes out on March 1. 00:00, February 24, 2017 (UTC)
- Alright! Now that just leaves the final one. If Friends Forever 38 becomes page before it even comes out, I guess that could be a featured article. Otherwise, I dunno what we should do for the final one. Maybe From the Shadows, perhaps? But then why do we have the main comic page on here? Let's what Rallinale thinks! He's usually good at these! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 00:06, February 24, 2017 (UTC)
C'mon, we got My Little Pony Annual 2017 and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (comics) as two of the four columns filled! What are the other two going to be? We got 4 days to decide before March comes! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 16:04, February 25, 2017 (UTC)
- Alright since it's a comic booky month for March, perhaps the episode Power Ponies can be the third column! Alright one more! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 16:12, February 25, 2017 (UTC)
- List of periodicals? (7)6(four) (talk) 17:51, February 25, 2017 (UTC)
- Support My Little Pony Annual 2017, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (comics), Power Ponies, and List of periodicals as the four sliders, unless a more compelling set is come up with before March.--
- Support Per Jonny Manz. 14:02, February 26, 2017 (UTC)
- SupportIt's settled then! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 16:45, February 26, 2017 (UTC)
- List of periodicals? (7)6(four) (talk) 17:51, February 25, 2017 (UTC)
April 2017 nominations
With the show coming back next month, we'll do what we always do when a new season starts: bring back the aired episode-next episode sliders.
That's easy enough. What I struggled a bit is what articles should we feature in the last two sliders. I want them to be at least somewhat related to at least one or two of the four episodes coming out next month. The problem is that a lot of articles related to these four episodes have already been featured. Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Princess Celestia, Starlight Glimmer, Maud Pie, Flurry Heart, and Ponyville have all been featured.
I'm thinking of featuring episodes with some relation to the episodes coming out next month. We could feature an episode related to Starlight's character arc (maybe feature The Cutie Map as a reminder of Starlight's beginning) and Baby Cakes (due to A Flurry of Emotions which is also a babysitting episode). An alternate option would be to feature non-episode articles that are related to those two episodes like Our Town and Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.
I prefer the latter option, but what do you guys think?13:55, March 26, 2017 (UTC)
- I'll say the latter one as well! The month we get the first Cutie Map episode, we'll add the Cutie Map page there! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 01:22, March 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, the latter option sounds like the better option at this time.--
May 2017 nominations
For May 2017, how about My Little Pony: Legends of Magic (because the first issue was released this month) and Sugar Belle (because she will be featured in an upcoming episode) for the last two sliders? 16:54, April 22, 2017 (UTC)
- I would nominate the other star of Hard to Say Anything, Feather Bangs, but since the episode doesn't (officially) air until the end of May, I'll save that nomination for June. Support 18:41, April 28, 2017 (UTC)
- Support My Little Pony: Legends of Magic and Sugar Belle.--
- I nominate Kibitz, he a Royal scheduling advisor and Majordomo of Canterlot Castle, he also did some narration in the final issue of FF.
- FireSnow16 (talk) 22:28, April 28, 2017 (UTC)
- An interesting nomination, though I much prefer if we feature Legends of Magic and Sugar Belle as they're far more relevant to what is happening in MLP media this month and next month. 14:38, April 29, 2017 (UTC)
- Since most of you support My Little Pony: Legends of Magic and Sugar Belle, I think I should go ahead and change the last two sliders. 20:39, April 30, 2017 (UTC)
June 2017 nominations
July 2017 nominations
Despite the fact that Season 7 is in a midseason hiatus (in Discovery Family, at least), there's still the Equestria Girls animated shorts that will be airing until July 8, so I think we should stick with the current slider format for the EqG shorts until next month (that is, unless the season starts back again in August in the U.S.).
Now, as for the last two sliders, I think we should feature Prince Rutherford for the third slot because, you know, Not Asking for Trouble happened. Now, as for the fourth slot, two articles come to mind:
- Wings Over Yakyakistan: It's the current arc of the main comic series, and it would be cool to make this a yak-themed month by featuring it alongside Prince Rutherford. However, it's best to consider the fact that the page is currently incomplete as the second and last issue of the arc hasn't been released yet. If you do support this choice regardless of that fact, well, go right ahead. However, if you don't support it, there's another article I have in mind, and that is...
- Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique: I don't mind if either articles are featured for the fourth slot, but if you feel that Wings Over Yakyakistan shouldn't be featured due to it being incomplete or for other reasons, then here's a different option that you can choose to support. Either that, or you can suggest a better article than the ones I suggested here.
23:23, June 22, 2017 (UTC)
- Support Rutherford and Wings Over Yakyakistan sound good to me. Friendship is Magic #56 should be out by July 12, so the page shouldn't stay incomplete for very long. 00:16, June 23, 2017 (UTC)
August 2017 nominations
As predicted, August sees the continuation of season 7. So, presuming the first two slider slots will be occupied by Discordant Harmony and The Perfect Pear, I nominate Bright Mac and Pear Butter for slot 3 and Grand Pear for slot 4.
Alternatively, since The Perfect Pear doesn't air in the U.S. until August 5th, I nominate My Little Pony: The Movie Prequel for slot 3 and The Prequel to My Little Pony: The Movie: The Stormy Road to Canterlot (which comes out on August 1st) for slot 4. 19:10, July 22, 2017 (UTC)
- Support I'll go with your first choice with the characters of The Perfect Pear! ;) --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 19:18, July 22, 2017 (UTC)
- Considering The Perfect Pear has aired in English (even if not in the US), I think it's okay for the former two choices to be used as the other sliders (and additionally, it'll only be four days, thereabout, between the sliders being updated and The Perfect Pear airing in the US). Therefore, I Support the pages Bright Mac and Pear Butter and then Grand Pear being the featured articles.--
- Support Bright Mac and Pear Butter and Grand Pear for the last two sliders. 18:16, July 25, 2017 (UTC)
September 2017 nominations
For September, I think we should definitely have to feature My Little Pony The Movie since we're now more than a month away from its release. That will be the third slider, while for the fourth slider, we can put My Little Pony: The Movie Prequel. What do you guys think? 19:01, August 26, 2017 (UTC)