| This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page.
Direct any additional comments to the Forum:Wiki discussion.
Since this does not go against current wiki guidelines, I'd like to know what the community thinks about this page. -Throwawaytv 09:27, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- We should really place a link to the Fanon wiki somewhere visible. You've Been Warned.
- If you'll recall, I suggested several rules way back when precisely to avoid a free-for-all zone, none of which were ever implemented. Relevant ones for this case include "don't post primary work", "don't post your own stuff", and "don't post anything that is solely about fan-created characters". I remain in favour of limiting the kind of content that can be posted in the fan labour sections.
- My views basically amount to this: the Fan Labor pages should be about what fans do with the franchise, not a repository for such work. This is a wiki, after all. --Tulipclaymore 10:38, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
I think it's fine. It's under the /Fan labor designation, I don't see why it should be disallowed. --Callofduty4 15:13, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- If it's a notable OC then it should be allowed. Smuff[The cake is a lie] 15:39, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Notability depends on recognition by third party sources. While fan-games and fan-videos might get coverage, OCs most definitely will not. Asking for notability will exclude nearly all fan labor. -Throwawaytv 19:54, August 18, 2011 (UTC)