- Return to Animation
| This is a talk page. Do not edit other contributors' comments.
Please sign your posts using four tildes: ~~~~
- The opening includes an extreme long shot of Ponyville's town square. The buildings, most noticeably the spa and the joke shop, are in different places around the square than they are in long shots in the episodes. --Kinrah 09:51, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Twilight uses a hot air balloon to get to Ponyville, but in the first episode she uses a chariot. Fear Not! 21:13, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
- When Twilight leaves the balloon, she looks nervous but when we zoom in on her, she is smiling. Fear Not! 21:13, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
- At the point in the theme that focuses on Rainbow Dash (Big Adventure!), there is a frame in which her feathers are not attached to her wings. --Jorlem 21:08, September 25, 2011 (UTC) This error is not fixed in the new version of the 2nd season. --Bahnpirat 22:47, October 15, 2011 (UTC) I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate. Often in animation some parts of a character are left behind a little bit to emphasise the speed at which they're moving. This would make sense especially with RD and her wings.
- A slowed down and looped gif of this over here. 15:09, August 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Twilight still teleports in a white poof which is the old season 1-era magic aura style (while Celestia's aura is accommodated for new style). In season 2 and 3 episodes, her magic poof actually changed from white to purple. Xeoxer (talk) 18:06, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Frequently, crowd shots in the series contain duplicate ponies. This is first apparent in the scene where Nightmare Moon surveys the crowd in Friendship is Magic, part 1.
- Actually, there were cloned background ponies in the Apple Family Reunion, which took place before NMM surveying the crowd.
- The pink and lavender highlights on Twilight Sparkle's mane frequently swap sides. --Kinrah 13:50, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Sometimes, Rarity has broken leg. And other ponies.
- Sometimes Princess Celestia has pink eyes, and other times purple eyes.
- Sweetie Belle without ear.
- Often, Sweetie Belle's mane colours swap sides.
- Whenever a mare is viewed from the back, her eyelashes are reversed
- In one of her running animations, Applejack has no freckles. Her freckles are also missing in a number of additional scenes. -Mylittlewut 23:05, September 27, 2011 (UTC), -Kinrah 18:39, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Twilight's door has been viewed in many different ways. Mylittlewut 23:05, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
- The interior of Twilight's library often changes, especially the location of the balcony. Mayanighstar 15:58, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- At various points throughout the show, cutie marks can be seen on ponies' inner thighs. --Kinrah 12:14, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Whenever Rainbow Dash is wet her tail is missing the green and yellow colors. 184.108.40.206 00:20, December 25, 2011 (UTC)
- In multiple shots, the colors of Rainbow Dash's forelock are reversed.Starflight98 (talk) 19:56, April 3, 2014 (UTC)
- In some scenes, the ponies' hooves are heard stomping on the ground, while in others they are not. Happy2432 23:07, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, that's more of a sound error than one with the animation.220.127.116.11 17:21, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes, when a character blinks, its eyelids are slightly darker colored than their real body color. Happy2432 21:12, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Big Macintosh's cutie mark often has white sparkles, and they sometimes even disappear and reappear from one shot to another. Xeoxer 18:52, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Frequently in episodes Fluttershy is missing her tail. --SableWolfAngel 4:45, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes, the streak in Twilight's bangs turns to the same color as her hot pink horn aura. Fear Not! 16:30, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Frequently the part of the ponies' manes that rest on the ponies' necks switch sides.A LOT. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- The rings on Zecora's foreleg swap legs occasionally. --Kinrah (talk) 21:28, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes a pony's lashes turn upside down.
- Whenever a mare is viewed from behind most times her upper lashes are missing.
- Throught the series, minor errors occur with Luna's mane.
- Sometimes, Princess Twilight's Alicorn wings can be seen as ordinary Pegasus wings in multiple episodes. PegasusParchment (talk) 19:05, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Scootaloo has floaing pixels rigidly attaced to her mane in some episodes Endorb (talk) 05:20, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Sometimes, items leaving the scene dissapear from it too quickly, as when it is slowed down, one frame the item is partially in frame, and the exact next it is gone. This is improper transition. SquiddyFIMOrca (talk) 22:49, February 26, 2015 (UTC)
I'll just leave this here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJO76DHkc2Y
Pre-aired song "The Failure Song"
- 0:51-0:53 mount of Twilight Sparkle's tail seem's a bit misplaced some times when she's turning. Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt our pleasant anticipation for this season. :-o --Bahnpirat 23:17, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- 0:11 Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark seems to not be there. Abbeybunny 23:20, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
Pre-aired song "Ballad of the Crystal Ponies"
- 0:20-0:24 Fluttershy's wing is on her flank.
- 0:35 The mannequin does not have ears, but does have them when Rainbow Dash lifts the helmet.
- 1:20-1:27 The book Twilight is levitating is glowing, but Twilight's horn is not.
- 1:30-1:35 Now Twilight's horn is glowing, but the book is not.
- 1:40 Where's Applejack
This is a correction: the next shot shows us she is looking at the crystal heart (which is on the other side of the path) at 1:40 she must of been over there.
- While Twilight is reading the book near the end she's reading right to left, not left to right.
- Part of Twilight's mane turns yellow at times, then turns back to its normal navy blue. --Catluvr2 (talk) 00:50, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Examples? 00:54, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Whenever Twilight flies, her wings are the same as those of Cadence and Luna, instead of the type of wings she normally has. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Glenn31 (talk • contribs)
- There are subtle differences; the feathers at the end of Twilight's wings aren't as curved. 18:44, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Despite the Cutie Mark Crusaders finally gaining the Cutie Marks in Crusaders of the Lost Mark , the title sequence after that episode still have the crusaders without their marks. Jamster93 (talk) 19:09, October 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Starlight Glimmer is first shown in the background with a blue coat instead of pink. 18:28, April 7, 2015 (UTC)
- At the beginning, when the mane 6 are standing on a rock, Twilight's wings are on backwards. - Blue_Moon123
- Can you provide a precise time frame? Looking back at this scene, at no point do Twilight's wings appear reversed. 15:29, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Just a few frames after Starlight Glimmer shouts "Nopony left behind!", the marching blue stallion on the far right turns from a Unicorn into an Earth pony. PegasusParchment (talk) 14:34, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Before the off-beat pony corrects herself to be in time with the others who are dancing, she is an Earth pony, but turns into a Pegasus pony after stepping into the right beat. PegasusParchment (talk) 14:47, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
- At 18:48, right before the scene switches to Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash's head is quickly replaced with a different one. - Hina sama (talk) 06:01, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
- When Twilight is going to sit on her throne, she has pegasus wings as she jumps into it. Fear Not! (talk) 02:36, April 9, 2016 (UTC)
After Sugar Belle knocks Starlight Glimmer down and Starlight recovers the jars of cutie marks, Starlight's horn is briefly un-lit even though she is levitating the jars. It lights up again when she casts the spell to destroy the rock bridge, while still holding the jars. Dogman15 (talk) 04:36, November 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Tara Strong is uncredited even though Twilight has a ton of lines. - Jasonbres (talk) 17:47, April 11, 2015 (UTC)
- How could the fit the tree trunk through the door of the castle? It's too small! TrickyMario76543 (Talk)
- In a way, Rainbow Dash is correct. Tortoises don't hibernate. The correct terminology would be "brumate". - Jasonbres (talk) 02:07, April 28, 2015 (UTC)
- It's supposed to be autumn in Ponyville, and yet, in the very first shot of Ponyville, the trees are pretty much still green. - Jasonbres (talk) 15:53, April 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Assuming that the episode title won't be changed by air time, it misspells Appleloosa as "Appleoosa". - Jasonbres (talk) 14:39, March 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Braeburn's cast occasionally switches from his left foreleg to his right (and vice-versa). 20:03, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
- 16:47, Apple Bloom's mouth doesn't move when she says the line "That's my sister". - Hina sama (talk) 07:56, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- From 8:15 to 8:20 Twilight's wings don't have their feathered detail on them. Fear Not! (talk) 02:41, April 9, 2016 (UTC)
- At 2:35 when Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell try on their dresses, the green bow of Sweetie's dress is superimposed over her nose. Fear Not! (talk) 02:41, April 9, 2016 (UTC)
- During Rainbow Dash's line "And then some. It's like Twilight herself in book form," her wings disappear between frames. 04:37, May 24, 2015 (UTC)
- When then monster first begins its attack on the Mane 6, as they are moving out of the way, Rarity's horn is missing. PegasusParchment (talk) 21:28, May 30, 2015 (UTC)
- When Octavia gasps just before her "That's more like it" line, her mouth does not open or move. PegasusParchment (talk) 18:29, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- About 7 seconds after Octavia's "That's more like it" line, Djpon3's horn lights up with her magic aura for one frame whilst she's turning her head. PegasusParchment (talk) 18:25, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Derpy/Muffins' wings disappear when she is walking away from Daisy, Rose and Lilly's shop. ````Stormbringer—Preceding unsigned comment added by Chimzembque (talk • contribs) 01:13, June 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Royal Pin displays the wrong cutie mark just when he is launched off of Dj's bass vehicle into the town hall in slow motion, instead being Dr Hooves's. PegasusParchment (talk) 12:20, July 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Whenever Amethyst Star run, her tail replaced by Rainbow Dash's tail. Same for her when the she directing the ponies away
- At 06:50, the left hoof for the female pony (I don't know her name) is missing. However, it appears a frame after. Gabrielwoj (talk) 01:55, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
- When Twilight is looking in the window of the old library, her reflection's eyes are facing the wrong direction. - Jasonbres (talk) 20:17, July 5, 2015 (UTC)
- When Spike first sees the ruined present on the floor, the wrapping is green. From the closeup shot onward, it's red. Osumesu21 (talk) 05:08, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
- In the first donut shop scene, Dinky Doo's running animation is missing her right foreleg with an extra leg from her right rearleg. Wiseagain (talk) 22:45, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
- In one scene, Lemon Hearts' Donut has a bite taken out of it, and Minuette ate her donut. However, later on they reappear. Wiseagain (talk) 22:45, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
- At 10:33 Twilight briefly has pegasus wings.
- At 15:19, Noteworthy, while being blasted away from harm by Twilight, the bottom of his hooves are missing. - Pezminer12, 4:32 PM GMT, April 9th, 2016.
- Princess Celestia is listed in the credits even though she didn't say a single word. Jamster93 (talk) 22:25, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
- During the reprise of The Pony I Want to Be, Twilight is seen with pegasus wings instead of her alicorn wings. - Jasonbres (talk) 14:52, October 11, 2015 (UTC)
- When Apple Bloom says 'What's going on?' after everyone sees their new cutie marks, their flanks are still blank.Flashbash000 (talk) 15:28, October 11, 2015 (UTC)
- When Silver Spoon is trying to fix the school's fence, she has a Cutie Mark on the inner thigh of her left leg.SYZekrom (talk) 01:41, October 17, 2015 (UTC)
- This episode's composition credits appear to have been switched with Hearthbreakers, so William Anderson is credited for composing this episode when it was actually Daniel Ingram who composed it. - Jasonbres (talk) 23:11, October 24, 2015 (UTC)
- The filly with the bluish coat and a apricot-ish mane has an hair glitch --He's the ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD!!! (talk • edits) 01:19, October 31, 2015 (UTC)
- In the song "Light of Your Cutie Mark", when the Cutie Mark Crusaders sing the line "But there's a better way, there's a better wa-a-ay", they appear to be moving backwards but are animated as running forward.Fluffbrain (talk) 07:43, January 29, 2016 (UTC)
- At the beginning of The Pony I Want to Be, Spoiled Rich disappears suddenly before she has a chance to walk fully out of the scene.Fluffbrain (talk) 05:25, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
- In the scene where everyone at the schoolhouse is admiring the Crusaders' new cutie marks, part of the mane of one of the fillies (light cyan coat, light orange mane) appears to flip suddenly around twice.Fluffbrain (talk) 06:02, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
- When Pinkie Pie runs away from the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Sweetie Belle doesn't have a cutie mark. Once the Crusaders stop walking, Sweetie Belle's cutie mark returns. 03:57, October 23, 2015 (UTC)
- I knew someone would think that was a goof. It's not. Her mane is covering her flank. - Jasonbres (talk) 04:00, October 23, 2015 (UTC)
- See note about the composition credits for this and Crusaders of the Lost Mark. - Jasonbres (talk) 23:11, October 24, 2015 (UTC)
- When Apples are walking into the kitchen to share the rock soup with Pies, the steam coming from the biggest bowl suddenly loses it's "out of focus" blur. - ClaudeLib (talk) 19:50, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
- From 7:50 to 7:58, Applejack's cutie mark is way higher than it used to. --He's the ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD!!! (talk • edits) 21:49, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
- At 17:59, Discord's expression changes from dissapointed to happy for a brief second. EcoEcho (talk) 21:34, November 7, 2015 (UTC)
At about 10:47, a tiny Sweetie Belle can be seen behind Apple Bloom, although she should not be of that size or even visible during this shot, as she is actually standing where the other ponies are looking. Image Gulomi Jomesh (talk) 09:57, November 23, 2015 (UTC)
- At 16:44, during Starlight Glimmer's line "It was a special place", her mouth briefly vanishes. 22:31, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
- During the battle with King Sombra, when Rainbow, Spitfire, and Soarin do a left bank, Rainbow's left normal wing is briefly shown in addition to the prosthetic one. Vengir (talk • contributions) 22:37, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Referring back to the animation errors of The Cutie Mark Chronicles, the animation error of the Earth filly standing on the cloud as Rainbow Dash and the two bullies fly by has been corrected, as she has been given wings.--
- And yet, there are still two unicorns standing on the clouds at the start line! - Jasonbres (talk) 03:00, December 2, 2015 (UTC)
- After the sonic rainboom is interrupted the first time, as young Pinkie Pie is rolling the rock across the ground, the rock's rolling animation resets.Fluffbrain (talk) 20:22, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- In several shots during the Chrysalis timeline, Pinkie Pie's cutie mark is mistakenly layered over her green stripes. 18:45, November 30, 2015 (UTC)
- At roughly 3:33, Pinkie Pie has Pegasus wings. 18:45, November 30, 2015 (UTC)
- The scene of Rainbow Dash and the bullies racing by the once-Earth, now-Pegasus filly is used and corrected again - however, it is corrected differently than in part 1, inadvertently creating another animation error. In part 1, her wings are open, while in part 2, her wings are folded.--
- When Starlight and Twilight are seen watching Starlight and Sunburst play "Jenga," young Starlight has her cutie mark.Whitehorse24 (talk) 20:21, March 11, 2016 (UTC)Whitehorse24
- During the song "Friends Are Always There For You", in a scene where the Mane 6 and Starlight Glimmer are marching together down a road, Spike is shown playing a drum and a snare hit becomes apparent in the music. However, Spike's animation quickly becomes off-beat with the music.Fluffbrain (talk) 02:03, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
- When Starlight says "You don't know what it's like to lose a friend because of a cutie mark", her magic is seen, despite not holding anything with it. -Cuddlefan
- From 11:51 to 12:04, there are transparent animatic timestamp numbers in the upper-left corner of the screen. 19:30, March 27, 2016 (UTC)
- From 02:22 to 02:25, Fluttershy's tail is partially cut. Gabrielwoj (talk) 20:03, March 27, 2016 (UTC)
- From 16:17 to 17:19 (in scene with Twilight) there is a tiny red dot almost at the center. - BuIlDaLiBlE (talk) 17:32, April 3, 2016 (UTC)
- At 15:03, during Tender Taps' slide, the iris in Apple Bloom's left eye is misaligned. 14:11, April 11, 2016 (UTC)
- On the iTunes version, the theme song audio is about one or two seconds off sync. - Jasonbres (talk) 21:33, April 11, 2016 (UTC)
- If Sweetie Belle said that Rarity thought that "crochet was knitting's poorer cousin," why would Rarity have an "incredibly expensive one-of-a-kind designer crocheted wool sweater" in Sisterhooves Social? - Jasonbres (talk) 14:24, June 27, 2016 (UTC)
- The mining helmet Rarity wears in the beginning of the episode does not appear to be large enough for her horn to exist under it.Herculine (talk) 18:10, April 16, 2016 (UTC)
- When Trixie and Starlight walk through Ponyville together, Shoeshine appears in the right background with her mane improperly layered. 22:04, April 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Before being fired from the cannon into the manticore's mouth, Trixie takes off her hat and puts on a helmet. Later, Trixie appears in the black box with her hat all chewed up. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Punzil504 (talk • contribs)
- When Starlight promises Twilight that she won't regret her being friends with Trixie, her horn is missing. BuddyPlayz (talk) 12:43, May 11, 2016 (UTC)
- When Trixie levitates the forks in Twilight's castle, her horn briefly flickers between its old and new design. Osumesu21 (talk) 16:31, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- When Trixie confesses her real reason for befriending Starlight, she turns to face her. The shot is lined up as having Trixie closer to the foreground, but Starlight is layered on top of Trixie. Osumesu21 (talk) 16:31, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- When Trixie closes her eyes when crying, her eyelashes are disconnected from her eyelids. Osumesu21 (talk) 16:31, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
- At 3:15, there are animatic timestamp numbers in the upper-left corner of the screen. 12:26, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
- At 7:11 and 7:12 respectively, Spitfire and Soarin's wings are upside-down. 13:31, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Ashleigh's actual Applejack voice tends to creep into Rainbow Dash's imitation of her. Jasonbres (talk) 20:13, May 7, 2016 (UTC)
- In multiple crowd shots before and during the Wonderbolts' aerial performance, Rose is shown to be a unicorn pony. 07:49, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Respectively from 7:09 to 7:10, Fleetfoot and Surprise's wings are also upside-down. 06:14, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- In this scene Apple Cobbler (The orange mare pony in the left seat) not wearing glasses and have a different mane http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Wonderbolts_in_a_parabolic_arc_S6E7.png 17:02, May 27, 2016 (UTC)
- The taps do not exactly match up with Pinkie and Featherweight during the tap dance break. - Jasonbres (talk) 02:46, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
- At 00:41, Rainbow's wings are smaller compared to its usual design. 07:21, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
- At 14:59, you can clearly see a text that says: Ponies talking to each other.
- At 00:40, if you see carefully the pony who hang the lights are freezed Starlight Glimmers (talk) 15:41, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
- True to her name, Princess Erroria does not appear until Big Mac's cart passes by her. - Jasonbres (talk) 17:02, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
- At the beginning of Pinkie's Present, Lyra appears in and out of wardrobe between frames. 22:45, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
- At 15:46, Fluttershy's clothes disapear when she turns to Rainbow Dash. IronM17 (talk) 15:52, May 24, 2016 (UTC)
- For some reasons, the main characters' color saturations seem to increase, and decrease back to their normal color tone in multiple scenes. 07:45, May 24, 2016 (UTC)
- At 03:20, a cup that Twilight was levitating was still glowing though her horn no longer do so. 07:45, May 24, 2016 (UTC)
- From 06:26 - 06:30, Rarity's mane has a wrong flipped sides. 07:45, May 24, 2016 (UTC)
- "Miliseconds" before Twilight flies up to lock the door on the window display, her wings are upside-down. 06:13, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Throughout Royal Pin's scenes, the tip of his horn is too sharp. 06:13, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
- At 13:22, Daisy's eyes are the same color and design as Twilight Sparkle's. 13:54, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- I dont know who is this pony name, but during his scene, a little part are cut off and that happen from mane to tail when he walks into the scene until the scene changes http://imgur.com/yUyuYJi Starlight Glimmers (talk) 16:23, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
- At 19:47 , Sweet biscuit is floating in mid-air, above her stool. Proximacentaurib (talk) 14:32, June 12, 2016 (UTC)
- At 19:52, The pearl necklace unicorn, on Zesty Gourmand's left, is shown sitting on the table, instead of the sofa. Proximacentaurib (talk) 14:34, June 12, 2016 (UTC)