- Return to Animation
| This is a talk page. Do not edit other contributors' comments.
Please sign your posts using four tildes: ~~~~
- The opening includes an extreme long shot of Ponyville's town square. The buildings, most noticeably the spa and the joke shop, are in different places around the square than they are in long shots in the episodes. --Kinrah 09:51, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Twilight uses a hot air balloon to get to Ponyville, but in the first episode she uses a chariot. Fear Not! 21:13, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
- When Twilight leaves the balloon, she looks nervous but when we zoom in on her, she is smiling. Fear Not! 21:13, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
- At the point in the theme that focuses on Rainbow Dash (Big Adventure!), there is a frame in which her feathers are not attached to her wings. --Jorlem 21:08, September 25, 2011 (UTC) This error is not fixed in the new version of the 2nd season. --Bahnpirat 22:47, October 15, 2011 (UTC) I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate. Often in animation some parts of a character are left behind a little bit to emphasise the speed at which they're moving. This would make sense especially with RD and her wings.
- A slowed down and looped gif of this over here. 15:09, August 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Twilight still teleports in a white poof which is the old season 1-era magic aura style (while Celestia's aura is accommodated for new style). In season 2 and 3 episodes, her magic poof actually changed from white to purple. Xeoxer (talk) 18:06, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Frequently, crowd shots in the series contain duplicate ponies. This is first apparent in the scene where Nightmare Moon surveys the crowd in Friendship is Magic, part 1.
- Actually, there were cloned background ponies in the Apple Family Reunion, which took place before NMM surveying the crowd.
- The pink and lavender highlights on Twilight Sparkle's mane frequently swap sides. --Kinrah 13:50, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Sometimes, Rarity has broken leg. And other ponies.
- Sometimes Princess Celestia has pink eyes, and other times purple eyes.
- Sweetie Belle without ear.
- Often, Sweetie Belle's mane colours swap sides.
- Whenever a mare is viewed from the back, her eyelashes are reversed
- In one of her running animations, Applejack has no freckles. Her freckles are also missing in a number of additional scenes. -Mylittlewut 23:05, September 27, 2011 (UTC), -Kinrah 18:39, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Twilight's door has been viewed in many different ways. Mylittlewut 23:05, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
- The interior of Twilight's library often changes, especially the location of the balcony. Mayanighstar 15:58, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- At various points throughout the show, cutie marks can be seen on ponies' inner thighs. --Kinrah 12:14, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Whenever Rainbow Dash is wet her tail is missing the green and yellow colors. 220.127.116.11 00:20, December 25, 2011 (UTC)
- In multiple shots, the colors of Rainbow Dash's forelock are reversed.Starflight98 (talk) 19:56, April 3, 2014 (UTC)
- In some scenes, the ponies' hooves are heard stomping on the ground, while in others they are not. Happy2432 23:07, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, that's more of a sound error than one with the animation.18.104.22.168 17:21, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes, when a character blinks, its eyelids are slightly darker colored than their real body color. Happy2432 21:12, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Big Macintosh's cutie mark often has white sparkles, and they sometimes even disappear and reappear from one shot to another. Xeoxer 18:52, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Frequently in episodes Fluttershy is missing her tail. --SableWolfAngel 4:45, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes, the streak in Twilight's bangs turns to the same color as her hot pink horn aura. Fear Not! 16:30, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Frequently the part of the ponies' manes that rest on the ponies' necks switch sides.A LOT. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- The rings on Zecora's foreleg swap legs occasionally. --Kinrah (talk) 21:28, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes a pony's lashes turn upside down.
- Whenever a mare is viewed from behind most times her upper lashes are missing.
- Throught the series, minor errors occur with Luna's mane.
- Sometimes, Princess Twilight's Alicorn wings can be seen as ordinary Pegasus wings in multiple episodes. PegasusParchment (talk) 19:05, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Scootaloo has floaing pixels rigidly attaced to her mane in some episodes Endorb (talk) 05:20, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Sometimes, items leaving the scene dissapear from it too quickly, as when it is slowed down, one frame the item is partially in frame, and the exact next it is gone. This is improper transition. SquiddyFIMOrca (talk) 22:49, February 26, 2015 (UTC)
I'll just leave this here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJO76DHkc2Y
Pre-aired song "The Failure Song"
- 0:51-0:53 mount of Twilight Sparkle's tail seem's a bit misplaced some times when she's turning. Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt our pleasant anticipation for this season. :-o --Bahnpirat 23:17, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- 0:11 Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark seems to not be there. Abbeybunny 23:20, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
Pre-aired song "Ballad of the Crystal Ponies"
- 0:20-0:24 Fluttershy's wing is on her flank.
- 0:35 The mannequin does not have ears, but does have them when Rainbow Dash lifts the helmet.
- 1:20-1:27 The book Twilight is levitating is glowing, but Twilight's horn is not.
- 1:30-1:35 Now Twilight's horn is glowing, but the book is not.
- 1:40 Where's Applejack
This is a correction: the next shot shows us she is looking at the crystal heart (which is on the other side of the path) at 1:40 she must of been over there.
- While Twilight is reading the book near the end she's reading right to left, not left to right.
- Part of Twilight's mane turns yellow at times, then turns back to its normal navy blue. --Catluvr2 (talk) 00:50, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Examples? 00:54, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Whenever Twilight flies, her wings are the same as those of Cadence and Luna, instead of the type of wings she normally has. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Glenn31 (talk • contribs)
- There are subtle differences; the feathers at the end of Twilight's wings aren't as curved. 18:44, April 6, 2014 (UTC)