Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Return to Princess Celestia
Why she isn't a Queen
Maybe Hasbro wanted to make it that Luna and Celestia are completely equal. There can be many princesses, but one queen. If Celestia were to be Queen, then Luna would be of lower status - a mere princess.
But I bet you're wondering: Why wouldn't they wanna make Celestia of higher status? Well, maybe they wanted to show that Luna had no reason to turn evil and that jealousy was unnecessary. Otherwise, Luna wouldn't have been reformed. They also wanted to show that in a family, everyone is equal. No one's better, no one's not special. The sun and moon are also equal. In other words, everything is equal.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Piefan2 (talk • contribs) 18:56, August 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I suppose that's one theory; I suppose that would make Hasbro's reason to Faust (because Disney made little girls think queen = evil and princess = good) just an excuse. I'm divided between thinking they were telling the truth and believing in your theory.--
- the offical reason from Lauren Faust is she wanted it to be queen but hasbro changed it because if i remember correct little girls associate princesses with youngth and bueaty and thus the girls like them better.
- 09:04, December 28, 2013 (UTC)
- If they wanted Celestia associated with youth then why make her an adult instead of a Filly like when NMMbody reverted to Lunabody? talk2ty 09:24, May 30, 2014 (UTC)
- The sun and moon are clearly not actually equal though. Celestia is the older sister and got the more important job with all the praise. Luna was a bit irked and went on strike, Celestia didn't want to do moon-duty so she rage-imprisoned her sister and ended up stuck with the job. talk2ty 09:24, May 30, 2014 (UTC)
Immortal or not?
- I think that she is definitely immortal, or at the very least, very long lived. I suppose that would also bring up the question of whether she (and Luna, by extension) are goddesses. I'm inclined to say, within the context of the pony world, yes, they are. At the very least, I believe them to be demigoddesses. -- This is Jonny Manz, signing off! 09:13, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
I personally think she belongs to a race of immortals (like elves, for example) However I do suppose thay they could possibly be dieties, in that case I guess you might consider Cadence a Love Goddess.
My opinion is that Celestia and Luna were given eternal youth by the elements when they stopped discord to make sure harmony stayed, plus Chrysalis was able to gain enough love to overpower Celestia in the season two finale and usually there are cases where Immortality is the same as invulnerability which means impossible to be harmed. And I also think Cadance is more of a Winged Unicorn than an Alicorn because her hair is not always moving on its own compared to her aunts.Mariya Ranevskaya (talk) 03:22, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
my thory, while very unlikely for a children's television show, seems to make sence, to me. my thory is that the life of both Celestia and Luna is actually linked with the celestial bodies they control. hence the long life. the sun is not indestructable, as many a black hole has shown, and as such neither are Celestia or Luna. this would also lead me to beleive that Luna will live much longer than celestia, because face it, the moon will outlast the sun if we dont decide to blow it up, in esentially the same was a bolder will outlast a fire.
My guess is that Celestia and Luna were somehow created to counter Discord. Discord is the god of chaos so maybe the ponies then were unable to stop him. Celestia and Luna's "parents" were likely unicorns who somehow manage to "magic" them into being. (probably some magic related to the sun and the moon) This explains their ageless-ness and all their differences from other ponies.(flowing mane, greater magic than usual etc) And since they are not regular mortal ponies, they are ageless and likely to be somehow related to the Sun and the Moon. Almost like embodiments of the two celestial bodies.
- My guess is ponies can "ascend" to the same status as Celestia, Luna, and perhaps even Discord, with the help of powerful magic, either their own (as i expect to see on the future of Twilight) or from some external source (someone else, or some magic artefact). And when they do their physical bodies become not much more than avatars/vessels for their essence, and with their powers they can change their appearance to pretty much anything they want. But they still need to "channel" their actions (magic or otherwise) thru their bodies, hence why weakening the body makes it much harder for them to do anything in the physical world. --Tigro Spottystripes (talk) 03:00, December 26, 2012 (UTC)
- This sort of relates to what Jonny Manz said. What if Princess Celestia's life is coming to an end, and she is training Twilight Sparkle to be her successor? Keep in mind the show has never explicitly declared Celestia or Luna to be immortal; Just very long lived. Danieltepeskraus (talk) 03:49, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Celestia said Twilight is 'almost ready' and 'next level of study' during the 8 miute preview of season 3's first episode, plus there have been many pictures showing a poster tha has Twilight also having wings and I don't think Hasbro would not have it there if it was a mistake because tv shows usually plan ahead months before the show/season even premiers.Mariya Ranevskaya (talk) 03:24, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Absence during Tribal Era/Raising of the Sun by Unicorns
I think it is curious that the ponies of the three tribes seemed to have no concept of either Celestia or Luna, and that neither had revealed themselves.
My theory is that the Timeline goes from The Pre-Recorded times to the Anarchic Era (Discord's rule) to the Tribal Era ("Finding" of Equestria) and finally to the Dynastic Era (whenever Cele and Luna became the public rulers of Equestria to the present). So if that were the case, that absence could be explained this way.
After harnessing the Elements, the two may have vanished from the public eye in order to:
1.Recover strength after the battle with Discord. 2. Use the Elements to purify the land of any overt chaotic energy that remained, thus making the land inhabitable again for ponies. The "Equestria" that the chieftains first found may have been a portion of this reclaimed earth.  2-B. Alternatively, the war with Discord may have rendered the planet FiM takes place utterly inhospitable except for a small area that they may have been able to cleanse, or Equestria may be the only spot that managed to escape total desolation, and they were scouting the extent of this "safe spot" or securing the borders. 3. The radical idea that Celestia and Luna were mortal ponies at first, and their harnessing of the Elements uplifted them to Divine status, and their absence was due to them trying to adjust to their new powers and bodies. 4. They felt that ponykind needed to be left alone to rebuild themselves without the interference of gods.
Whatever the reason, there is still another inescapable problem: Can Run of the Mill Unicorns truly raise the sun and moon on their own?
I am inclined to say no; because if it were so, Celestia and Luna would be nearly redundant. And really, if your special talents are the moving of Celestial Bodies, I can't help but think that means you're set in a slightly higher and more unique league that the others. Though there are possibilities for both sides
Against- My theory is that throughout their absence, whatever the reason for their sojourn, the Sisters maintained the cycle of night and day, allowing the Unicorns to think they had the power. If that were the case, especially keeping Option 4 in mind, they may have let them believe such so that when they finally did reveal themselves, they would gain slightly more approval for "relieving" the Unicorns of their "duty" and allowing them to explore other fields of magic potential.
For- If in fact baseline Unicorns could move the Sun and Moon, my guess is that before going into hiding, Celestia and Luna used the Elements to grant Unicorns the power, so that the sisters could focus on whatever they were doing without anything to detract their concentration. Then, when they proclaimed their existence, they re-took that mantle as part of their Royal Duty. Also, if Unicorns are naturally able to move the sun and moon, that would not necessarily make Cele and Luna Redundant. Ponies are mortal and prone to stupidity, and a full-out war between the tribes (just as what nearly happened) could kill or distract enough unicorns that they would not be able to move the days, thus killing the planet. Two Immortal, very powerful beings, each of which able to maintain the cycle by themselves, would be a convenient and crucial failsafe system in case something happened to the unicorns.
As shown when Discord escape from his prison he controled the coming of day and night. Maybe before his rule there was no need to regulate anything as everything flowed naturaly like the Everfree forest in less dangerous. The old castle might have been the siege of the resistance against Discord. The reason the forest is called Everfree was because it was never tainted by Discord rule. Then when he was beaten pony folks constated that everything NEEDED tanding even the passing of days and nights. The two sisters who defeated the anarchic autocrat took the duty of that as the most powerfull magical entity around. Simple! As for Cadence she do not have the "hair flowing in non existant wind" witch is apperently the sign of godly power for alicorn in MLP: FiM
- Some sources would be useful, I don't recall which episode mentions unicorns doing sun-raising sans princesses. I imagine it's possible though, you'd just need more of them. talk2ty 09:31, May 30, 2014 (UTC)
Celestia as Nightmare Moon in the comics
Issue 6 of the comics (Part 2 of the second arc which will feature an original villain, after Chrysalis's defeat but before Season 3, we're assuming) says Nightmare Moon will return but it won't be Luna, "someone new, close to the heroes, has taken the mantle". The only one I can think of is Celestia (unless she possesses Cadance, Shining Armor, or Spike, but Celestia makes the most sense).
What are your thoughts on this? Is she going to become the fan transformation "Solar Flare"? Is her mane and tail going to be on fire? And this means the evil of Nightmare Moon, now considered a separate entity from Luna, will be resurrected from the depths of Tartarus by the arc villain and possess Celestia into a new transformation of her own like O'Malley from Red vs. Blue, or Carnage and Venom from Spiderman, maybe even a full demonic possession. I'm assuming the Mane 6 will defeat Nightmare Moon again with the Elements of Harmony, releasing Celestia, and then somehow defeat the villain to prevent him/her from resurrecting NMM again. Ghostkaiba297 (talk) 01:33, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
Why Her Mane Changed
It is my theory that there are levels of power that changes the appearance of a pony as they move up. The first is normal, the second is Alicorn and the third is Celestia's appearance. Any comments? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 18:29, May 23, 2013
- Are there any older pictures of Celestia that depict her with a different mane coloring? Or are we assuming it changed based upon Luna's changing? talk2ty 17:59, June 2, 2014 (UTC)
Why did Celestia abandon the castle she used to live in?
- She probably couldn't stand the memories that the place brought to her after she banished her sister.
- The place was ruined.
- The Pony of Shadows?
- Repairing the castle would have been possible for her in the thousand years that went by, so I don't think the damage is the real reason, though she might have used that as an excuse. Probably the memories. Also it's possible that if Celestia was misrepresenting the battle (like how she may have lied about NMM promising eternal darkness to equestria) that investigating the ruins would allow unicorns to use object-reading and get impressions that conflict with the legend, so by making it off-limits she prevents that. Wasn't the "pony of shadows" just Pinkie Pie playing the organ? talk2ty 17:57, June 2, 2014 (UTC)