- Return to Twilight Sparkle
It's a long shot but that's why it's in the speculations. My theory is this: Twilight is Celestia's third cousin once removed. This would allow for a legal third-cousin marriage between Cadance (being the daughter of a sibling of Celestia's AKA Celestia's niece AKA Twilight's and Shining's third cousin) and Shining Armor and it would also allow for my next theory which is this: only ponies with at least 1/32 alicorn blood in them are able to ascend to alicornship. How much does Twilight have by this theory? 1/32. How much does Celestia have? 1/8. Cadance? 1/16. The reason Twilight is the successor of Celestia is this: Cadance is ruling the Crystal Empire (with Shining Armor), Blueblood is too spoiled and has not ascended yet, and Twilight is the only remaining heir that has ascended to alicornship. If you have anything to say about this, comments are welcome. If you wish to hear more about this (or if you want to read a speculative history), go read my fanfic called "The Forgotten Sisters". -- Let the stars guide you to your destiny! 20:21, July 28th, 2013 (GMT)
1: Cadance is not Celestia s' biological niece, she was originally a Pegasus that was the Crystal Princess by fate, and used Crystal Pony magic to defeat some evil queen named Prismia that had the Alicorn Amulet.
2: Twilight might have a closer biological relation to Celestia than Cadence does (think like twin sisters from Sweden live with an orphan girl from India and they also call her sister. The twins are biologically related, but the orphan girl is also biologically related to the twins, only less close. Or, to stay on topic: the song "Apples to the Core" is actually about Applejack and Apple Bloom being sisters, but Pinkie Pie is also biologically related to AB\AJ*, but far enough to not count as an Apple Family member.)
- Unless Pinkie is an alien, genetic mutancy, born from magic, a personification of the fourth wall, or in another way has an origin story that makes her not be related to Applejack.
by the end of season 4, the Everfree Forest will be returned to Equestia and Twilight becomes this new kingdom's Princess, using the Castle that Luna and Celestia once lived in (as seen in the 2nd episode of season 1). also i hope Rainbow Dash becomes Twilight's captain of the royal guard (and a Wonderbolt) Chasemarc (talk) 02:39, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
So wait, if Twilight is Celestia's apprentice, does that make her the heir as well???? I think that's a distinct possibility. --Gappleto 11:48, July 23rd, 2012 (EST)
Many bronies have considered Twilight Sparkle to be either the worst out of the mane six or have considered Twilight Sparkle to be a mary sue --Proud to be a black brony! 20:29, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it's been proven in Look Before You Sleep that she has her flaws. --Pikmanipulator 03:02, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Twilight has been showing believable fallibility since the first episiode. Also, if the fanpolls are any indication, Twilight is actually the most popular Mane Six member.
Despite negative reception that TS, Rarity and ,some cases, AppleJack received until later on, Twilight Sparkle also has fans dedicated to her especially on DeviantArt and, to a lesser extent, Youtube. --Proud to be a black brony! 20:29, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
Are those even necessary comments? The one below is, though. Twilight's status in fan opinions should be in the fan labor wiki.
Shining Armor is Twilight's brother, but he was never seen in her flashback in The Cutie Mark Chronicles.220.127.116.11 03:17, March 26, 2012 (UTC)plumander
- Though it's possible that Shining Armor was not able to attend due to either not being allowed or not being able to go for an unknown reason. 18.104.22.168 06:44, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Since The Cutie Mark Chronicles took place in season one and Shining Armor didn't appear until the very last episode of season two, his character probably wasn't even thought of at that point.