Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Under the Sparkling SeaMy Little Pony: Under the Sparkling Sea by Mary Jane Begin was published on April 23, 2013, bearing ISBN 978-0-316-24559-3.
"This gorgeous illustrated picture book features a brand-new My Little Pony underwater adventure, and includes an exclusive art poster!When Twilight Sparkle receives an invitation to visit the underwater city of Aquastria, she invites all her pony friends and Spike to travel with her. The ponies are welcomed by the ruler of Aquastria, King Leo, who sits on the Cosmic Council alongside his cousin, Princess Celestia. There is a long-held rivalry between the seaponies and the mermares. The two groups compete each year in a race for the grand prize, which is a beautiful pearl. Join the ponies and Spike as they confront danger, make new friends and race to the finish in this shimmering new world!"
Twilight Sparkle receives an invitation from King Leo to attend the Annual Aquastria Race in the underwater kingdom of Aquastria. In order to travel to Aquastria, Twilight uses a magic spell to give herself and her friends gills to breathe underwater and fins on their hooves to swim faster. The spell does not work on Spike, so Twilight outfits him with a glass helmet over his head.
At the nearest Sparkling Sea port, the Mane Six and Spike are transported to Aquastria on the back of a manta hawk sent by King Leo. Upon reaching Aquastria, they are greeted by brother and sister seaponies Coral and Arrow. Inside Aquastria's Nautilus Hall, the ponies meet the sea lion king Leo, Fluttershy acquaints herself with the local wildlife, and Rainbow Dash introduces herself to the mermare Electra. However, Electra immediately swims away; according to Coral, mermares are extremely shy.
The next day, the ponies explore the rest of Aquastria: Rainbow Dash practices swimming with Coral, Applejack helps harvest seaweed, Pinkie Pie assists the chefs at Nautilus Hall, and Rarity takes a look at the Aquastrian ceremonial costumes. In the Sea Grass Forest, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Spike meet the narwhal Nar Wally and other Aquastrian creatures. Twilight invites Nar Wally to watch the Aquastria Race with them, but Nar Wally is embarrassed to show his silly-looking horn to the mermares. Fluttershy convinces him to join them by offering to share tales about living on dry land.
Later, the ponies gather near the starting line to watch the Aquastria Race. The race between seaponies and mermares is structured like a relay race, with team members trading possession of a baton at different points throughout the racecourse. Just before the race begins, Arrow injures his fin and nearly gets pulled into a whirlpool. Nar Wally rescues him, but his injury prevents him from taking part in the race. Rainbow Dash offers to race in Arrow's place, having been practicing earlier with the seaponies. Electra protests, saying that a land pony has never participated in the Aquastria Race before, but King Leo allows it.
After Rainbow receives some racing guidance from Nar Wally, the race begins, and Rainbow and Electra get particularly competitive. As the race takes them through Crabbit's Claw Cave, a large rock falls onto Electra's tail fin and traps her. Rainbow Dash disregards the race to save her. When they finally emerge from the other end of the cave, they cross the finish line together, resulting in the first tie in Aquastria Race history. During the award ceremony, Rainbow Dash and Nar Wally are given badges in recognition of their bravery and kindness.
The story ends with a celebratory banquet shared by pony, seapony, and mermare and a letter from Twilight to Princess Celestia.
- Spike: Isn't Aquastria ... you know, underwater?
- Twilight Sparkle: Of course it's underwater!
- Rarity: Hmmm. I don't like getting my mane wet!
- Applejack: Call me a landlubber, but I'd rather keep my hooves on solid ground!
- Pinkie Pie: Is there a party? You can count me in! I wonder what happens to balloons underwater.
- Rainbow Dash: How will I fly with wet wings?
- Fluttershy: I think it sounds like fun. I'd love to meet our cousins, the seaponies!
- Coral: Mermares are very shy ... but I think she's curious about you. Wait until you see her race. ... She's amazing!
- Arrow: And nearly impossible to beat.
- Twilight Sparkle: Will you join us at the Aquastria Race? I'd like to hear more about your world!
- Nar Wally: Oh, no! My horn is too silly to be seen by beautiful mermares.
- Spike: Hey, look at me! I have to wear this helmet on my head!
- Electra: There has never been a land pony in the Aquastria Race! Not that we're worried about a land pony beating a mermare, but it's just not done!
- King Leo: For the first time in the history of Aquastria—it's a tie!
Good Night, Baby Flurry HeartMy Little Pony: Good Night, Baby Flurry Heart, written by Michael Vogel and drawn by Amy Mebberson, was published on April 12, 2016, bearing ISBN 978-0-316-38962-4.
Summary"A sweet and fun picture book illustrated in the style of the hit Friendship is Magic TV show!"
At the Crystal Empire, after Princess Celestia has lowered the sun and Princess Luna has raised the moon, the Crystal Ponies retire to their homes to sleep. However, Shining Armor has difficulty with his newborn daughter Flurry Heart; all of his attempts to get her to sleep end in failure. His last idea is to tell Flurry Heart a bedtime story.
In Shining Armor's story, a brave unicorn stallion—modeled after himself—braves various dangers in search of adventure and excitement. One day, he comes across a giant beanstalk that stretches to the sky. When he climbs it, he discovers an immense castle at the top ruled by a gigantic, evil pony—modeled after King Sombra. The giant intends to climb down the beanstalk, steal the land and gems from the little ponies, and force them into his servitude. Before the unicorn can make a plan to stop the giant, the giant picks up his scent.
Princess Cadance interrupts the story and tells Shining Armor that a story filled with excitement and action will keep Flurry Heart up all night. Shining Armor challenges her to tell a better story, and Cadance says a proper bedtime story for an infant should be sweet and musical.
Cadance's story stars an Alicorn princess—modeled after herself—who lives near the Everfree Forest and brings joy everywhere she goes with her beautiful singing voice. One day, she gets lost in the forest and meets seven little dragons. The princess asks the dragons to help her get back to her castle, and the dragons agree if she would sing for them first. The princess agrees, and as she sings, the dragons dance happily and offer the princess their collection of gems.
This time, Shining Armor interrupts the story and points out that Flurry Heart has lost interest in the story and started playing with her toys. They briefly argue over whose bedtime story is better until Cadance suggests a story that incorporates elements from both of their storytelling styles.
In this final bedtime story, the unicorn stallion from Shining Armor's original story travels through the Everfree Forest and meets the seven little dragons from Cadance's original story. The dragons tell the unicorn that their friend, a beautiful Alicorn princess, has been abducted by an evil giant to make her sing for him. The dragons guide the unicorn to a great beanstalk, and he climbs to the giant's castle at the top. There, he meets the caged princess, who tells him that the giant keeps the cage key on a chain around his neck. After waiting for the giant to fall asleep, the unicorn steals the key and unlocks the princess's cage. However, the giant wakes up before they can escape.
Cadance interrupts the story yet again and points out that Flurry Heart has finally fallen asleep. Cadance and Shining Armor quietly exit the nursery, but Cadance wants to hear the end of the story they were just telling. Shining Armor says that the princess comes up with a brilliant plan to save them from the giant. Cadance adds that the unicorn employs great bravery to get them back down the beanstalk. Shining Armor adds that the two fall in love, and they both agree that the unicorn and princess live happily ever after.
- Unicorn: Aha! I bet there's a truly epic adventure at the top of this beanstalk! I'm going to climb it!
- Princess Cadance: I love you, sweetheart, but you don't know the first thing about a good bedtime story for a baby princess.
- Shining Armor: You think you can do better?
- Princess Cadance: I was Princess Twilight's foal-sitter. I told your sister more bedtime stories than I can count! Step aside and let a pro show you how it's done.
- Shining Armor: A pro, huh? You might want to take a look at your daughter, foal-sitter extraordinaire.
- Princess Cadance: What if we try both?
- Shining Armor: You mean a delightful adventure?
- Princess Cadance: Something exciting and musical!
- Princess Cadance and Shining Armor: Daring and sweet!
- Giant Pony: FEE-FI-FO-FONEY-BALONEY! YOU TOOK MY KEY, YOU LITTLE PONY!!!
- Princess Cadance: How does the story end?
- Shining Armor: The same way every good story ends, of course!
The Dragons on Dazzle IslandMy Little Pony: The Dragons on Dazzle Island by Mary Jane Begin was published on September 6, 2016, the B&N Exclusive Edition bearing ISBN 978-0-316-43111-8 and another edition bearing ISBN 978-0-316-28227-7.
"Rarity's entire order of rare island gemstones has been canceled because the Great Dragon Migration has brought dragons to Dazzle Island! But all hope is not lost as Fluttershy and Spike travel to the island and explain to the dragons why they need to move. When our heroes reach Dazzle Island, they discover that it'll take more than a few words to resolve Rarity's problem!Ready your hooves as you travel with Fluttershy and Spike to confront new dangers, help a fellow pony gain her cutie mark, and learn the true power in hugs!"
The story begins with Rarity receiving a notice in the mail stating that her order of rare Dazzle Island gemstones has been canceled, jeopardizing the debut of her fall fashion line at Canterlot Carousel. She informs her friends that dragons have come to roost on Dazzle Island during the Great Dragon Migration, and no one can collect gems until they leave. Fluttershy volunteers to travel to Dazzle Island and try to convince the dragons to move, and Spike volunteers as well since he is also a dragon.
The next day, Fluttershy and Spike travel to Dazzle Island on the Windhorse airship and discover that the typically tropical island has become cold due to the presence of windigos. Upon reaching the island, they are greeted by island local Blue Topaz. He explains that the dragons' presence has caused a conflict between them and the islanders that drew windigos to the island. Blue Topaz brings Fluttershy and Spike to the dragons, and Spike attempts to reason with one of them, but the dragon rudely brushes him off.
Fluttershy approaches the dragon with a stern scolding, and the dragon reveals their reason for coming to the island: the dragons have all laid eggs and are very overprotective of them. An island filly named Ruby Redheart explains that she has been observing the dragons closely and has come to the conclusion that they will not leave the island until the eggs hatch—and the eggs will not hatch because of the intense cold brought about by the windigos.
As Spike thinks of a way to hatch the eggs quickly and without magic, Ruby hugs one of the eggs to keep it warm. Doing so causes the cold winds to weaken and the surrounding ice to melt a little. Spike rallies the other ponies of Dazzle Island together to provide warmth for the eggs and help them to hatch. The islanders follow Spike to the dragons' nest, and they warm the eggs with their hugs. As the ponies and dragons come together, the windigos are repelled by their warmth and vanish, causing the cold weather to subside. By the next morning, all of the dragon eggs have hatched.
As the dragons start to leave Dazzle Island, Blue Topaz invites them to migrate to the island anytime. Ruby Redheart offers to help hatch their babies the next time they visit, and she gets her cutie mark: a dragon egg surrounded by three hearts. After collecting gems for Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike bid farewell to Blue Topaz and Ruby and return to Ponyville on the Windhorse. Upon their return, they tell the rest of their friends about the adventure they just had.
- Rarity: Of all the worst things that could happen, this is the worst possible thing!
- Applejack: Fluttershy could fly out there and give those dragons The Stare.
- Fluttershy: Oh, I couldn't do that to a bunch of dragons who aren't hurting anypony.
- Blue Topaz: Windigos! The winter spirits that feed on fighting might be here to stay if the dragons don't leave. We have had enough!
- Fluttershy: Excuse me, but where I'm from, we show kindness to visitors.
- Ruby Redheart: I promise to help hatch the babies when you do come back!
- Rarity: I bet they were cute...but I bet none were as cute as our Spike.
- ↑ My Little Pony: Under the Sparkling Sea. Amazon.com. Retrieved on 2016 April 23.
- ↑ My Little Pony: Good Night, Baby Flurry Heart. Hachette Book Group. Retrieved on 2016 April 23.
- ↑ My Little Pony: The Dragons on Dazzle Island (B&N Exclusive Edition). Retrieved on 2016 August 1.
- ↑ My Little Pony: The Dragons on Dazzle Island. Amazon.com. Retrieved on 2016 April 23.