| Jack Hammer|
|Occupation||Destruction/construction (S1E16, S2E8, sometimes S4E12, and CCG)|
Police (S5E16 and sometimes S4E12)
|Eyes||Moderate cornflower blue|
|Mane||¤ Very dark gray and dark gray|
| Cutie mark|
(S2E8 and sometimes S4E12)
(S5E16 and sometimes S4E12)
Jack Hammer, or Drill Bit, is a male background pony who appears both as a Pegasus and as an Earth pony. He has a light brown coat, two-toned dark gray mane and tail, blue eyes, and a cutie mark usually of a screwdriver and two screws and rarely of a police shield. He is unnamed in the show, but he is named "Jack Hammer" with a trademark symbol and "Drill Bit" in different versions of merchandise. He has a speaking role in The Mysterious Mare Do Well.
Jack Hammer's color scheme resembles those of Filthy Rich and Cherry Fizzy. His beard stubble is rarely not present, similarly to the beard stubble usually of "Rivet" and the mustache rarely of Lucky Clover.
Depiction in the seriesJack Hammer first appears as a stubbly Pegasus pony in the season one episode Sonic Rainboom. He is among several Cloudsdale construction workers who admires Rarity's wings when she passes by.
In the season two episode The Mysterious Mare Do Well, he appears once again as a construction worker, this time as an Earth pony, and has his first spoken line when he is rescued by Mare Do Well.
In the season five episode Made in Manehattan, Jack Hammer appears once again as a clean-shaven police officer.
MerchandiseIn Enterplay's collectible card game, a Gen Con Indy 2013 demo card of him lists his name as "Jack Hammer" with a trademark symbol, cards α #30 C and α #ƒ16 of him list his name as "Drill Bit", and all three cards of him feature him as a Pegasus with beard stubble and list his quote, "Some ponies ask me why I use power tools on clouds. I tell 'em, because I can." Card α #139 U, Hard Hat, shows Jack Hammer as an Earth pony with beard stubble. In the game's expansion set Canterlot Nights, card #38 C of Steam Roller attributes to Drill Bit the quote, "I saw a whole building collapse on him once and he walked away from it. I mean, the building was made out of clouds, but it was still pretty impressive."
- — The Mysterious Mare Do Well
- "Some ponies ask me why I use power tools on clouds. I tell 'em, because I can."
- — Enterplay collectible card game Gen Con Indy 2013 demo card of Jack Hammer and cards α #30 C and α #ƒ16 of Drill Bit
- "I saw a whole building collapse on him once and he walked away from it. I mean, the building was made out of clouds, but it was still pretty impressive."
- — Enterplay collectible card game Canterlot Nights expansion set card #38 C of Steam Roller
- Jack Hammer (GenCon) on the Collectible Card Game Wiki
- Drill Bit, Destruction Worker on the Collectible Card Game Wiki