|Laugh, Ponyacci, Laugh|
|Sung by||Eileen Montgomery|
|Music by||David Larsen|
|Lyrics by||Ted Anderson|
|Appears in||My Little Pony Micro-Series #5|
Laugh, Ponyacci, Laugh is a song from the IDW comics' My Little Pony Micro-Series Issue #5, written by Ted Anderson. Pinkie Pie sings the song on pages 16-17 to try and keep entertainer Ponyacci from quitting.
An "author-approved" "real" version of the song with slightly different lyrics, sung by Eileen "Eilemonty" Montgomery with melody and music by David Larsen, was shared on Dropbox and published on YouTube on June 22, 2013 by Larsen, who had been asked by Anderson if he would like to compose a melody for the song.
Note: Blue text denotes comic-only lines. Red text denotes "real" version-only lines.
- [Pinkie Pie]
- Oh Ponyacci, Ponyacci,
- What's got you so blue?
- You're tired of performing
- And so you think you're through.
- But Ponyacci, Ponyacci,
- Please don't look so down!
- 'Cause the best way to cheer up a clown
- Is with another clown!
- Oh, famous for
- His many brilliant tricks.
- He juggles knives, he swallows fire,
- He spins plates on sticks!
- His corny jokes are legendary,
- They're known the whole world round:
- "I washed my dog with spot remover
- And now he can't be found!"
- Ponyacci: I suppose you're trying to convince me not to quit, too?
- Twilight Sparkle: No, I'm just handling props and background music.
- [Pinkie Pie]
- So put on your costume and powder your face,
- And give yourself a chance to finish your race!
- Keep dancing on that stage until the curtain falls at last,
- And laugh, Ponyacci, laaaaaauuugh!
- ↑ Ted Anderson (2013-05-29). TedlyAnderson: @tarastrong I'm writing one .... Twitter. Retrieved on 2013 June 22.
- ↑ Ted Anderson (2013-06-30). Pinkie Pie’s “Laugh, Ponyacci, Laugh” in the real world!. The Ted Anderson Repository. Retrieved on 2013 July 24.