Faust and her Galaxy Girls
|Full name||Lauren Johanna Faust|
|Birthdate||July 25, 1974 (age 43)|
|Occupation||Animator, writer, producer|
Lauren Faust ( //) is the creator of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. She is credited as the executive producer for the first season, and consulting producer for the second. During the first season, she used her DeviantArt page to reply to fans and address questions about the show. She later added a Frequently Asked Questions entry that collected these questions and answers.
Shortly after the final episode of the first season aired, Faust announced that she had left the show. Her involvement in season two concentrated on story conception and scripts; it diminished through the course of the season. Faust had no involvement in season three, though it uses at least one plan of hers that was not used in the first two seasons, and she had no involvement in season four. The My Little Pony Friendship is Magic official guidebook has a foreword by Faust. In late April of 2018, she announced via Twitter that she is "not involved in MLP G5."
Faust's professional credits extend from voice work in 1994 through art and writing and, by 2004, directing and development of shows such as The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. She is married to the creator of both shows, Craig McCracken. Some of Faust's earliest professional work include being an animator for the character of Sawyer on Turner Feature Animation's Cats Don't Dance and an animator on Warner Bros. Feature Animation's The Iron Giant. She has also been involved in Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony and Fighting is Magic, later re-branded as Them's Fightin' Herds in August 2015. She is also the creator of the original toyline "Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls".Faust is listed in the opening credits of every episode and, until the end of season three, the closing credits, and in the writing credits for Friendship is Magic, part 1 and part 2. Until sometime in October 2014, Hasbro Studios' website listed her as the show's author, with her name misspelled as "Laurent Faust".
She was a co-producer, story editor and writer for the first season of Wander Over Yonder. She developed the CGI film Medusa for Sony Pictures Animation and was set to direct the film, but she left the project because of creative differences. Faust currently serves as producer and character designer for a DC Super Hero Girls animated series to air on Cartoon Network in 2018.
- Faust's DeviantArt page
- Faust's Twitter page
- Faust's Wikipedia article
- Season one retrospective interview with Lauren Faust
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2011-05-08). THANK YOU!!!. Retrieved on 2011 August 2.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2012-05-02). Faust comments on her not having input for season three. Retrieved on 2013 September 21.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2012-06-04). Faust comments on Twilight Sparkle self-levitating. Retrieved on 2012 November 11.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2013-09-13). Faust tweets about her not working on seasons three and four. Retrieved on 2013 September 21.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2018-04-25). Lauren Faust on Twitter: "For anyone asking - I’m afraid I’m not involved in MLP G5. But I am heading up a reboot of DC Super Hero Girls I hope you like just as much!". Twitter. Retrieved on 2018 April 25.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2013-01-20). BRONYCON Documentary is COMPLETE!. Retrieved on 2013 March 2.
- ↑ Lauren Faust (2013-03-02). Twitter / Fyre_flye: Hey Fighting Is Magic fans! .... Retrieved on 2013 March 2.
- ↑ My Little Pony / Our Shows Folder / Home - Hasbro Studios. Retrieved on 2012 August 22.
- ↑ Announcing Lauren Faust for Equestria LA (2012-10-10). Retrieved on 2013 August 29.
- ↑ Shaw, Lucas (2014-06-05). ‘My Litte Pony’ Creator to Direct ‘Medusa’ for Sony Pictures Animation (Exclusive). The Wrap. Retrieved on 2014 June 5.
- ↑ Amid Amidi (11/24/2015). Lauren Faust No Longer Directing ‘Medusa’ at Sony Pictures Animation. Retrieved on 2016 January 27.
- ↑ Alex Gilyadov (2017-05-23). DC Super Hero Girls Begins Production, Coming to Cartoon Network in 2018. IGN. Retrieved on 2017 May 23.