|M. A. Larson|
|Full name||Mitchell Aaron Larson|
|Occupation||Writer, story editor, author|
M. A. Larson is an animation writer, author, and season five story editor for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.
Larson initially became involved with Friendship is Magic from working with show creator Lauren Faust and at-the-time story editor Rob Renzetti on Cartoon Network's Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. He was pleasantly surprised by Faust's characterization of the main characters in the show's pitch bible.
Throughout Larson's work on the series, he would write several of the show's highest-rated episodes, including The Return of Harmony, Luna Eclipsed, and Magical Mystery Cure. The Return of Harmony and The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 are among his personal favorites. He is credited as "M. A. Larson" at the insistence of his agent due to his previous work on "boy oriented" programs.
Larson is also closely involved with the series' fan following and a frequent guest at My Little Pony conventions. He has stated on Twitter that he was not involved with season six; his mid-March 2016 statement that Amending Fences was his "last involvement with the show" predates his early-through-mid-2016 work on Fame and Misfortune, according to the latter episode's locked script.
Larson's professional credits include writing for Cartoon Network's My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Sym-Bionic Titan, and the aforementioned Foster's, Disney XD's Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil and Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, as well as Discovery Family's 2012 TV revival of Littlest Pet Shop. He is also credited for one story in the Disney Channel original series Gravity Falls.
Prior to working in animation, Larson worked with film and theater director Mike Nichols on HBO's Angels in America, Spamalot on Broadway, and Columbia Pictures' Closer. He is the author of the book series Pennyroyal Academy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hugh Ryan (2014-11-08). Brony King M.A. Larson Wrote a Novel About 'Pink Princess Culture'. VICE. Retrieved on 2015 August 6.
- ↑ Saturday, September 17, 2011 Broadcast & Cable Final Ratings. The Voice of TV (2011-09-21). Retrieved on 2015 August 6. Archived.
- ↑ Joanna Dodd Massey (2013-02-22). royalty reigns over key competitors as "my little pony friendship is magic" takes the top spot with the special coronation episode. Discovery Press Web. Retrieved on 2015 August 6.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 M.A. Larson's "Luna Eclipsed". Pony Fiction Vault (2013-10-09). Retrieved on 2015 August 6.
- ↑ Kim Ode (2015-02-25). Brony king M.A. Larson visits hometown Burnsville with new novel. Star Tribune. Retrieved on 2015 August 6.
- ↑ M. A. Larson (2016-03-14). "Amending Fences" was my last involvement with the show. https://t.co/tCBxJQRRTK. Twitter. Retrieved on 2016 March 14.