| Dr. Fauna|
Dr. Fauna in Secret of My Excess
|Mane||¤ Pale, light grayish cerulean and light ceruleanish gray|
| Cutie mark|
|Voice||Cathy Weseluck (English, S2E10)|
Nicole Oliver (English, S7E5)
Gundi Eberhard (German)
Ikue Ōtani (Japanese)
Norma Iturbe (Latin American Spanish)
Dr. Fauna, also called Mane Goodall and Mane Cureall, is a female Earth pony veterinarian who appears in the season two episode Secret of My Excess and the season seven episode Fluttershy Leans In. She has a light yellow coat, two-tone blue mane and tail, brown eyes, and a cutie mark of a dog's head, cat's head, and white bird. She is named "Dr. Fauna" in the show and "Mane Goodall" and "Mane Cureall" in merchandise.
DevelopmentDr. Fauna's merchandise-given name is a play on primatologist Jane Goodall, the same basis as Ruby Redheart.
Depiction in the seriesDr. Fauna appears in the season two episode Secret of My Excess; Twilight Sparkle brings Spike to her office when he starts exhibiting uncontrollable growth spurts. Dr. Fauna is unable to diagnose Spike because she treats normal animals like dogs and snakes, not dragons. She treats Spike like a dog and gives him a dog treat.
In the season seven episode Fluttershy Leans In, Dr. Fauna's animal clinic becomes crowded with animals, so Fluttershy establishes an animal sanctuary to both lighten her workload and provide a haven for animals to recuperate.
Dr. Fauna appears in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Issue #54 in her same role as in Fluttershy Leans In.
Dr. Fauna is a character in Gameloft's mobile game under the name "Mane Goodall".
MerchandiseIn Enterplay's collectible card game, Dr. Fauna is named Mane Goodall with a trademark symbol on her Gen Con Indy 2013 demo card, and she is named "Mane Cureall" on card α #89 R. Both cards list her quote "I've always had a good rapport with animals. Still don't know the first thing about dragons, though."
- "Hm, well, I'm flummoxed. Y'bring me a dog, I've got it diagnosed in seconds. Snake even faster, but... to be honest, I've never seen a real live dragon before."
- — Secret of My Excess
- "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Sit."
- — Secret of My Excess
- "I'm flummoxed! Every day, there's more and more animals on my doorstep. Most of them just have minor ailments – hurt wings, stuffy noses, and such. But the trouble is even after they're all healed up, I can't seem to get these comfy critters to leave!"
- — Fluttershy Leans In
- "I've always had a good rapport with animals. Still don't know the first thing about dragons, though."
- — Enterplay collectible card game Gen Con Indy 2013 demo card of Mane Goodall and card α #89 R of Mane Cureall
- Mane Goodall (GenCon) on the Collectible Card Game Wiki
- Mane Cureall, Veteran Vet on the Collectible Card Game Wiki