Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Puzzle Party is a level-based puzzle game in which each level is a board of colored cubes. Gameplay consists mainly of tapping sets of two or more adjacent cubes of the same color to remove them from the board. Each level has a "goal" that must be met in order for the level to be cleared, which usually involves removing a specified number of colored cubes but sometimes involves clearing away level-specific obstacles or bringing objects from the top of the screen to the bottom.
The player has a set number of moves to meet the goal requirements and clear the level, and they can hold up to a standard maximum of five lives. If the player runs out of moves, they can attain additional moves with bits (in-game currency). Otherwise, they fail the level and lose a life. Additional lives are gained automatically over time (every thirty minutes in real time) and can be bought through in-app purchases.
Based on the player post-level score, they are rated on a one to three-star scoring system. Higher scores nets the player additional bits.
The game features three standard power-ups to assist the player with clearing levels:
- Lightning Jar: Acquired by clearing away five or six adjacent cubes of the same color. When activated, it removes all cubes in a vertical or horizontal line.
- Exploding Cauldron: Acquired by clearing away seven or eight adjacent cubes of the same color. When activated, it removes all surrounding cubes in a 3x3 grid.
- Parasprite Swarm: Acquired by clearing away nine or more adjacent cubes of the same color. When activated, it removes all cubes of the same color on the screen.
Power-ups can also be combined if they are adjacent to each other when activated:
- Lightning Jar + Lightning Jar: Removes all cubes both vertically and horizontally.
- Lightning Jar + Exploding Cauldron: Removes all cubes both vertically and horizontally in rows and columns three cubes wide.
- Lightning Jar + Parasprite Swarm: Converts all cubes of the same color on the screen into a Lightning Jar.
- Exploding Cauldron + Exploding Cauldron: Removes all surrounding cubes in a 9x9 grid.
- Exploding Cauldron + Parasprite Swarm: Converts all cubes of the same color on the screen into an Exploding Cauldron.
- Parasprite Swarm + Parasprite Swarm: Removes every single cube currently on the screen.
If the player has moves remaining when the level is cleared, one cube on the screen converts into a Lightning Jar for each move remaining, netting the player a substantial score bonus.
Additionally, there are six power-ups corresponding to each of the Mane Six that are unlocked at certain levels and are activated by clearing away cubes corresponding to each pony's color:
- Apple Buck: Unlocked at Level 12, and charged by clearing away orange cubes. When activated, it removes any single cube or obstacle of the player's choice from the screen.
- Sonic Rainboom: Unlocked at Level 22, and charged by clearing away blue cubes. When activated, it removes all cubes in a single vertical column.
- Critter Charge: Unlocked at Level 32, and charged by clearing away green cubes. When activated, it removes all cubes in a single horizontal row.
- Party Cannon: Unlocked at Level 43, and charged by clearing away pink cubes. When activated, it removes all cubes in a selected 3x3 grid.
- Diamond Seamstress: Unlocked at Level 53, and charged by clearing away white cubes. When activated, it changes a single selected cube's color.
- Magic Blast: Unlocked at Level 73, and charged by clearing away purple cubes. When activated, it removes all cubes from the screen that are the same color as the cube selected.
Though the game is free-to-play, it is primarily monetized through freemium content and in-app purchases. Purchases include additional lives with which to play levels (plus a permanent six-life cap raise), bits to retry levels after failing, power-ups to use at the beginning of levels, and other bonuses.
|This section should be expanded or updated. You can assist by editing it.|
Infinite Mode is a special Discord-themed challenge mode in Puzzle Party that opens up upon clearing level 81 of the game's main campaign. In this mode, the player takes on a continuous string of randomly-generated levels to get as high a score as possible. After every three moves the player makes, Discord has a chance of changing the colors of three randomly-selected cubes on the screen.
Infinite Mode does not require lives to play, but it does cost a life to retry a failed level.
Sound and music
The game features new recorded dialogue for the Mane Six and Spike from Tara Strong, Ashleigh Ball, Andrea Libman, Tabitha St. Germain, and Cathy Weseluck, as well as re-recorded dialogue from series episodes. It also includes instrumental versions of music from the series that plays at key moments:
- The Success Song (level select menu, levels 1-41)
- A True, True Friend (level select menu, levels 42-81)
- Find A Pet Song (level select menu, levels 82-)
- Apples to the Core (mostly Spike-themed levels 1-11, 21, 31, 42, 52, 62-72, Infinite Mode)
- Raise This Barn (Applejack-themed levels 12-20, Infinite Mode)
- Let the Rainbow Remind You (Rainbow Dash-themed levels 22-30, Infinite Mode)
- Music in the Treetops (Fluttershy-themed levels 32-41, Infinite Mode)
- Smile Song (Pinkie Pie-themed levels 43-51, Infinite Mode)
- Generosity (Rarity-themed levels 53-61, Infinite Mode)
- B.B.B.F.F. (Twilight Sparkle-themed levels 73-81, Infinite Mode)
- Glass of Water (Infinite Mode)
- My Little Pony theme song (credits version) (level cleared)
- The Failure Song (level failed)
- ↑ Dean Takahashi (2016-10-21). Lawsuit says Hasbro lifted design for My Little Pony mobile game from Peak Games’ Toy Blast. GamesBeat. VentureBeat. Retrieved on 2016 October 22.
- ↑ Ross Todd (2016-10-21). Fenwick Sues Hasbro Over My Little Pony App. The Recorder. ALM. Retrieved on 2016 October 22.
- ↑ Backflip Studios. My Little Pony: Puzzle Party on the App Store. iTunes. Retrieved on 2016 October 14.
- ↑ I love puzzles!! Almost as much as I love exploring.... Facebook (2016-10-10). Retrieved on 2016 October 14.