The game's lead producer is Gustav Seymore, and the lead designer is Fawzi Mesmar. Development began in January 2012. Fire Chief was made available in-game in response to fan request. The fanart of filly Octavia Melody used in the in-game Octavia icon until June 13, 2013 was posted online in May 2011. As of September 30, 2013, "Button Mash", his mom, and Fluffle Puff are not planned to be gotten into the game.
The gameplay centers around rebuilding Ponyville and it features "placing, building, and collecting" aspects. Many buildings and shops from the gameplay are from shops that are seen based on the show. Characters can be leveled up through specific tasks. The player starts as Twilight Sparkle, and more than 46 characters are to be available, obtainable in different ways. There are multiple kinds of currencies in the game which can be used for unlocking features, and alternatively the features can be purchased.
Four minigames are available in the initial release: an apple-picking game, cloud-clearing game, star connecting game, and a ball-bouncing game. If the cloud-clearing game is played as an Earth pony or a unicorn, the pony flies using magic wings similar to those used by Rarity in Sonic Rainboom and by her and Daisy Dreams in the Glimmer Wings toy line.
There are missions in the game which must be completed in order to progress through it. Some of the early missions include: Put Your Hoof Down, Carnival Games, Droughty Dragon, Flagged Down, Studying Hard, Taking the Cake, Cherry on Top, Cutie Mark Chronicles, Lemon Aid, and Apple Cravings.
|Character||Playable||How it's unlocked and notes|
|Aloe||playable||unlocked at Level _, costs 50 gems. Is added in version 1.5.0|
|Apple Bloom||playable||unlocked at Level 9, costs 5600 Bits|
|Apple Cobbler||playable||costs 100 Hearts, added in version 1.0.2 Lowered to 50 Hearts in version 1.0.7|
|Apple Fritter||playable||costs 17600 bits|
|Applejack||playable||unlocked at Level 12, costs 8400 Bits|
|Aunt Orange||playable||(costs 400 Gems) Lowered to 240 gems in version 1.0.7|
|Big McIntosh||playable||unlocked at Level 3, costs 4000 Bits|
|Bon Bon||playable||costs 200 Bits|
|Bowling Pony||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop, added in version 1.0.1|
|Braeburn||playable||unlocked at Level 2, costs 3800 Bits|
|Caramel||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop|
|Cheerilee||playable||unlocked at Level 2, costs 1000 Bits|
|Cherry Jubilee||playable||unlocked at Level 24, costs 22500 Bits|
|Construction worker||not playable||Appears whenever a player buys and places a new pony's home.|
|Crescent Pony||playable||costs 28800 bits, added in version 1.0.2|
|Daring Do||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop|
|Derpy||not playable||She is hidden under a box. If tapped on, gives out bits, once in a while; gems.|
|Diamond Tiara||playable||costs 35 Gems (Lowered to 25 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|DJ Pon-3||playable||unlocked at Level 19, costs 20400 Bits. Also added In Canterlot, (Costs 120 gems)|
|Dr. Hooves||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop, was named Time Turner until version 1.0.2|
|Fancypants||playable||costs 100 Gems (Lowered to 70 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Featherweight||playable||costs 200 gems, added in version 1.0.2 (Lowered to 40 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Flashy Pony||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop, added in version 1.0.2|
|Filthy Rich||playable||costs 350 Gems (Lowered to 210 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Flam||playable||costs 120 Gems (Lowered to 70 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Fleetfoot||playable||costs 67500 Bits|
|Fleetfoot||playable in early previews||unlocked at Level 39 in one preview, costs 275 Gems in another preview|
|Flim||playable||unlocked at Level 17, costs 80 Hearts|
|Fluttershy||playable||unlocked at Level 20, costs 47500 Bits|
|Forsythia||playable||costs 28800 Bits, added in the spring update|
|Granny Smith||not playable|
|Hoity Toity||playable||unlocked at Level 12, costs 70 Hearts|
|Jeff "The Dude" Letrotski||playable||unlocked at Level 31, costs 120 hearts|
|Jesús Pezuña||playable||unlocked at Level 37, costs 170 hearts|
|Lovestruck||playable||costs 600 gems, added in version 1.0.2 (Lowered to 360 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Lyra Heartstrings||playable||costs 10 Gems|
|Magnum||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop|
|Mayor Mare||playable||unlocked at Level 35, costs 150 hearts|
|Mr. Carrot Cake||playable||unlocked at Level 5, costs 4500 Bits|
|Mrs. Cup Cake||playable||unlocked at Level 2, costs 500 Bits|
|Octavia||playable||unlocked at Level 13, costs 12400 Bits|
|Pegasus Royal Guard||playable||costs 45000 Bits|
|Peppermint Twist||playable||unlocked at Level 26, costs 90 hearts.|
|Photo Finish||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop|
|Pinkie Pie||playable||unlocked at Level 4, costs 4500 Bits|
|Pipsqueak||playable||costs 60 gems, added in version 1.0.1 (Lowered to 12 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Prince Blueblood||playable||costs 550 Gems (Lowered to 330 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Princess Cadance||playable||unlocked at Level 49, costs 650 Gems|
|Princess Celestia||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop, costs 950 Gems|
|Princess Luna||playable||Unlocked for free upon defeating Nightmare Moon. She will appear in your inventory, not the store.|
|Princess Luna's Royal Guard||playable||costs 800 Gems (Lowered to 320 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Rainbow Dash||playable||unlocked at Level 30, costs 90 Gems, Was 500 gems, lowered during X-mas update|
unlocked at Level 19, costs 70 Gems. Was 90 gems, lowered during X-mas update. Lowered to 35 gems in update 1.0.7
|Queen Chrysalis||not playable|
|Sapphire Shores||playable||unlocked at Level 40, costs 200 hearts|
|Scootaloo||playable||unlocked at Level 11, costs 30 hearts|
|Shadowbolt (1 & 3)||not playable|
|Prince Shining Armor||playable||unlocked at Level 49, costs 650 Gems|
|Silver Spoon||playable||costs 600 Gems (Lowered to 300 Gems in version 1.0.7)|
|Snails||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop|
|Snips||playable||unlocked at Level 11, costs 7800 Bits|
|Soarin||playable||unlocked at Level 33 in an early preview, costs 450 Gems|
|Spitfire||playable||unlocked at Level 13, costs 14800 Bits|
|Sunset Shimmer||playable||unlocked at Level 15 when you get Canterlot, costs 38000 bits|
|Sweetie Belle||playable||originally cost 70 gems, lowered to 30 Gems as of X-Mas update|
|Teacher's Pet||playable||cost 5000 bits, added in version 1.0.1|
|Trixie the Magnificent||playable||available as prize from Gem balloon pop|
|Twilight Sparkle||playable||starting character|
|Uncle Orange||playable||added in version 1.0.2, costs 40 gems|
|Unicorn Guard||playable in early previews||unlocked at Level 49 in one preview, costs 400 Gems in another preview|
|Zecora||playable||unlocked at Level 2, costs 30 Hearts|
| It has been suggested that this article or section be
merged with My Little Pony (mobile game)#Characters.
Please use the comment section to discuss this.
|Twilight Sparkle||Starting Character||N/A||Twilight's Library||5||1||
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Bon Bon||-||200 Bits||Bon Bon's House||10||1||
★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Mrs. Cup Cake||2||500 Bits||Sugarcube Corner||15||1||Welcomed|
|Cheerilee||2||1000 Bits||Cheerilee's Barn||20||1||
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Snails||-||Balloon Pop Prize||Snips' House||25||1|
|Dr. Hooves||-||2500 Bits||Dr. Hooves' House||30||1|
|Zecora||2||30 Hearts||Zecora's Cottage||35||1|
|Lyra Heartstrings||2||10 Gems||Lyra's House||40||1|
|Braeburn||2||3800 Bits||Braeburn's Shack||45||2||
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Big McIntosh||3||4000 Bits||Sweet Apple Acres||50||2||Welcomed|
|Pinkie Pie||4||4500 Bits||Sugarcube Corner||55||2||
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Mr. Carrot Cake||5||4500 Bits||Sugarcube Corner||60||2||Welcomed|
|Apple Bloom||9||5600 Bits||Sweet Apple Acres||70||2||Welcomed|
|Scootaloo||11||30 Hearts||Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse||75||2||
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
|Snips||11||7800 Bits||Snips' House||80||2|
|Applejack||12||8400 Bits||Sweet Apple Acres||85||3||
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
|Hoity Toity||12||70 Hearts||Hoity Hoity's House||90||3|
|Photo Finish||-||Prize from gem ballon pop||Photo Finish's Tent||95||3|
|Octavia||13||12400 Bits||Octavia's House||100||3|
|Spitfire||13||14800 Bits||Wonderbolts Academy||105||3||
|Diamond Tiara||-||25 Gems||Filthy Rich's Mansion||110||3|
|Trixie the Magnificent (Trixie)||-||Prize from gem ballon pop||Trixie's Caravan||115||3|
|Flim||17||80 Hearts||Cider Machine||120||3|
|Sweetie Belle||-||30 Gems||Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse||125||4||Welcomed|
|Rarity||19||35 Gems||Carousel Boutique||130||4||
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
|DJ Pon-3||19||20400 Bits||DJ Booth||135||4||
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
|Fancy Pants (Fancypants)||-||70 Gems||Fancypants Mansion||140||4||
★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Flam||-||72 Gems||Cider Machine||145||4|
|Cherry Jubilee||24||22500 Bits||Cherry Farm||150||4||
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
|Caramel||-||Prize from gem ballon pop||Caramel's House||155||4|
|Peppermint Twist (Twist)||26||90 Hearts||Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse||160||4|
|Daring Do||-||Prize from gem ballon pop||Daring Do's Temple||165||5|
|Pegasus Royal Guard (Royal Guard)||-||45000 Bits||Royal Guard's House||170||5||
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
|Fluttershy||20||47500 Bits||Fluttershy's Cabin||175||5||
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
|Filthy Rich||-||210 Gems||Filthy Rich's Mansion||180||5|
|Jeff "The Dude" Letrotski (Jeff Letrotski)||31||120 Hearts||Jeff Letroski's House||185||5|
|Soarin||-||67500 Bits||Wonderbolts Academy||190||5||
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Mayor (Mayor Mare)||35||150 Hearts||Mayor's House||195||5|
|Jesus Pezuna (Jesús Pezuña)||37||170 Hearts||Jesús Pezuña's House||200||5|
|Fleetfoot||-||450 Gems||Wonderbolts Academy||205||6||Welcomed|
|Magnum||-||Prize from gem ballon pop||Carousel Boutique||210||6|
|Rainbow Dash||30||90 Gems||Cloudominium||215||6||
|Prince Blueblood||-||330 Gems||Prince Blueblood's Mansion||220||6|
|Sapphire Shores||47||200 Hearts||Sapphire Shores' House||225||6|
|Silver Spoon||-||600 Gems||Filthy Rich's Mansion||230||6|
|Luna's Guard (Princess Luna's Royal Guard)||-||320 Gems||Princess Luna's Royal Guard House||235||6|
|Princess Luna||-||Main Quest Line Completion||Canterlot Castle||N/A||N/A||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Princess Celestia||-||950 Gems||Canterlot Castle||N/A||N/A||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Princess Cadance||49||650 Gems||Shining Armor's House||N/A||N/A||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Prince Shining Armor (Shining Armor)||49||650 Gems||Shining Armor's House||240||6|
|Teacher's Pet||9||5000 Bits||Log Cabin||270||7|
|Pipsqueak||-||12 Gems||Log Cabin||270||7|
|Bowling Pony||-||Balloon Pop Prize||Bowling Pony's House||150||4|
|Apple Fritter||14||17600 Bits||Apple Fritter's House||115||3|
|Uncle Orange||21||40 Hearts||The Oranges' House||120||3|
|Apple Cobbler||5||50 Hearts||Lovestruck's House||115||3|
|Crescent Pony||2||28800 Bits||Lovestruck's House||115||3|
|Flashy Pony||-||Balloon Pop Prize||Lovestruck's House (?)||?||?|
|Lovestruck||-||360 Gems||Lovestruck's House||240||6|
|Featherweight||-||40 Gems||Log Cabin||150||4|
|Lucky Clover||7||77777 Bits||Clover House||120||3|
|Mr. Breezy||-||90 Gems||Clover House||120||3|
|Forsythia||3||28800 Bits||Forsythia's House||115||3|
|Aunt Orange||-||240 Gems||The Oranges' House||330||8|
|Upper Crust||15||Balloon Pop Prize||?||?||?|
|Fleur Dis Lee||15||Balloon Pop Prize||?||?||?|
|Twinkleshine||15||16 Gems||Twinkleshine's House||270||7|
|Twilight Velvet||16||25500 Bits||Sparkles' House||150||4|
|Lyrica||22||55000 Bits||Lyrica's House||180||5|
|Minuette||26||60 Hearts||Minuette's House||210||6|
|Joe||28||85000 Bits||Joe's House||240||6|
|Unicorn Guard||33||140000 Bits||Unicorn Guard's House||300||7|
|Twilight's Dad||49||160 Hearts||Sparkles' House||400||9|
|Sunset Shimmer||15||38000 Bits||Canterlot School for Unicorns||120||3|
|Beauty Brass||?||35000 Bits||Octavia's House||115||3|
|Frederick Horseshoepin||?||18000 Bits||Octavia's House||95||3|
|Parish Nandermane||?||60 Gems||Octavia's House||120||3|
List of buildings
The following chart details the buildings available in the game, their costs, and the benefits they provide.
|List of buildings|
1 Star requirement for the first pony is always 0 for every building.
- Winter Update (Version 1.0.1):
- Three new ponies - Pipsqueak, Teacher's Pet, and Bowling Pony
- Two new shops, Corn Stand and Ice Cream Shop
- Several pieces of winter decor
- Winter quests were added, and snow was added to the environment
- iOS: 20th December, 2012
- Android: 3rd January, 2013
- Hearts and Hooves Day Update (Content Version 1.0.2 (Android), 1.0.3 (iOS)):
- Seven new ponies - Apple Fritter, Uncle Orange, Apple Cobbler, Crescent Pony, Flashy Pony, Lovestruck, and Featherweight
- Time Turner renamed to Dr. Hooves
- Hearts and Hooves Day decor; winter decor removed from store
- Hearts and Hooves Day quests were added, and the snow from the winter update was removed
- iOS: 14th February, 2013
- Android: 7th February, 2013
- Version 1.0.4(?)
- Hearts and Hooves Day quests removed
- Hearts and Hooves Day decor removed from shop
- iOS: 22nd February, 2013
- Android: ???
- Version 1.0.5
- Lucky Clover - 77,777 bits
- Mr. Breezy - 300 gems
- Pot of Gold - 50 gems
- Lucky Clover Banner - 4,000 bits
- Lucky Horseshoe Banner - 4,000 bits
- Clover Gate - 30,000 bits
- Lucky Bush - 7 gems
- iOS: 3rd March, 2013
- "The next game update will mirror the second season of the TV show - Canterlot Wedding. The game will feature 40 new quests, ten new ponies and mini games." The new ponies include Minuette and Twilight Velvet.
- Aunt Orange - 400 gems
- Upper Crust - Balloon pop prize
- Fleur Dis Lee - Balloon pop prize
- Twinkleshine - 16 gems
- Twilight Velvet - 25,500 bits
- Lyrica - 55,000 bits
- Minuette - 60 hearts
- Joe - 85,000 bits
- Unicorn Guard - 140,000 bits
- Twilight's Dad - 160 hearts
- A new, magical pony friend and others
- Sunset Shimmer-38,000 bits
- Beauty Brass-35,000 bits
- Frederick Horseshoepin-18,000 bits
- Parish Nandermane-60 gems
- Dj Pon 3-120 gems
- Spa Ponies
- Aloe-50 gems
- Lotus Blossom-70 gems
- Masseuse Pony-8000 bits
- Equestria Girls update
- Nightmare Night
- 2 new ponies - Emerald Gem (80 gems) and Fire Chief (45000 bits)
- 5 pieces of Nightmare Night-themed decor
- Main characters given Nightmare Night costumes
- The Crystal Empire
Get Along, Li'l Pony (Applejack)
- Welcome Scootaloo.
- Raise Scootaloo to 3 stars. Skip Price: 15 gems
- Reward: 1000 bits, 50 stars
Study Break (Twilight)
- Play Ballon Pop game (x2). Skip Price: 4(?) gems
- Reward: 800 bits, 50 stars
Flower Power (Pinkie Pie)
- Buy a Flower Shop.
- Reward: 1000 bits, 100 stars
Rarity's return (Spike)
- Welcome Rarity.
- Reward: 1100 bits, 50 stars
The game was demoed at the My Little Pony Project 2012 New York fair in October 2012. Players described it as a Sims-style game in which the player starts with Twilight Sparkle and has to rebuild Ponyville. Two minigames were shown at the venue: a ball bouncing game, and a game with Rainbow Dash flying through clouds; a representative said more minigames would be available, and that the app would be free with downloadable content for purchase, and that gameplay would not require internet access.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 GIRLS MONTH: My Little Pony remains on top for Hasbro. Licensing.biz (2013-03-18). Retrieved on 2013 March 18.
- ↑ My Little Pony Developer Interview: Part 1. GAMELOFT us blog (2013-05-17). Retrieved on 2013 May 24.
- ↑ My Little Pony Developer Interview: Part 2. GAMELOFT us blog (2013-05-20). Retrieved on 2013 May 24.
- ↑ Timeline Photos - My Little Pony Game. Facebook (2013-10-29). Retrieved on 2013 October 30.
- ↑ Octavia as a filly, MLP:FiM (2011-05-14). Retrieved on 2013 May 24.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-09-30). Retrieved on 2013 October 1.
- ↑ O'Dell Harmon (2012-10-25). My Little Pony. Game Informer. Retrieved on 2012 October 26.
- ↑ Master file type02&04_pony guide.jpg (2012-11-09). Retrieved on 2012 November 12.
- ↑ Game Review - My Little Pony Friendship is Magic on iPad, iPhone & iPod touch (2012-11-07). Retrieved on 2012 November 10.
- ↑ My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic - Universal - HD Gameplay Trailer (2012-11-07). Retrieved on 2012 November 8.
- ↑ 『My Little Pony』 - iPhone (meet-i.com) (2012-10-29). Retrieved on 2012 November 7.
- ↑ My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic App! (2012-11-08). Retrieved on 2012 November 8.
- ↑ My Little Pony for iPad Preview - 148Apps (2012-10-24). Retrieved on 2012 November 7.
- ↑ Hands On With Gameloft's New Pony Game (2012-10-14). Retrieved on 2012 November 7.
- ↑ Gameloft Pony Game Adds a Bunch of Ponies - Dr. Hooves Timelordified. Equestria Daily (2013-02-08). Retrieved on 2013 February 8.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-03-18). Retrieved on 2013 March 18.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-03-19). Retrieved on 2013 March 21.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-03-20). Retrieved on 2013 March 21.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-06-06). Retrieved on 2013 June 6.
- ↑ facebook.com (2013-10-01). Retrieved on 2013 October 1.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-09-29). Retrieved on 2013 September 29.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-09-29). Retrieved on 2013 September 29.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-10-06). Retrieved on 2013 October 7.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-10-11). Retrieved on 2013 October 11.
- ↑ Timeline Photos. Facebook (2013-10-14). Retrieved on 2013 October 14.
- ↑ Halloween MLP Gameloft Game Update - Customes, Decrations, and Ponies. Equestria Daily (2013-10-24). Retrieved on 2013 October 24.
- ↑ facebook.com (2013-10-02). Retrieved on 2013 October 2.
- ↑ Equestria Daily: My Little Pony Mobile Game Information (2012-10-12). Retrieved on 2012 October 17.
- ↑ Cadence (2011-12-14). Retrieved on 2012 November 13.