If you wish to socialize in real-time, we have a chat facility available through Discord, which is an up-to-date, user-friendly and nicely presented application. It is available for use via your internet browser, or you can download the Apps for Android, Apple, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
You can join our server any time by clicking on this link.
For help and support with using Discord, please click here.
Moderators are entrusted with rights to moderate the chat according to the guidelines. Moderators are assigned by an administrator.
By default, administrators also have moderator abilities in chat.
In order to maintain a nice platform for everyone, we have guidelines set in place which you must follow.
- Please treat everyone with respect.
- Please do not discuss a topic that others find inappropriate or makes others uncomfortable.
- Usernames or nicknames that are inappropriate will not be tolerated. It is moderator consensus as to what is inappropriate.
- Please do not discuss, link, or mention any of the following, whether explicit, implied, or censored:
- violent or gruesome content
- any content that is found inappropriate. If you are unsure whether the content you are about to post could be found inappropriate, ask a mod in private before posting. Chatters' complaints about content or conduct is a sign that it is inappropriate.
- Sexual content can be discussed moderately for use in jokes and innuendos. Explicit details are not acceptable and taking part in sexual conversations with others is also not acceptable.
- Do not advertise other Discord servers or websites.
- Please avoid excessive amounts of emoticons and hard-to-decipher or non-English text.
- Please avoid excessive roleplaying, chat games and bot commands and keep to the appropriate channels.
- Please avoid long multi-line messages that may disrupt the chatroom, such as song lyrics, ASCII art, and other long posts.
- Please avoid posting excessively capitalized text ("ALL CAPS")
- Posting information is allowed for adults at the users own risk. If you are under 18, please do not post any personal information.
- Posting information that is not your own is strictly prohibited.
- Do not minimod.
- After an episode airing, spoilers are only allowed in #mlp_material until the Monday after.
- If you wish to discuss or dispute a warning, kick, or ban that was given to you or any other chat user, please use private chat messages.
- Evading a ban on an account using another account is strictly prohibited and doing this will result in the original account possibly having its ban extended, and any sockpuppet accounts being indefinitely banned.
- Profanity is allowed as long as it is moderate, is not used against another user and does not break any other of the above rules. It is a moderators discretion as to what is over moderate.
- By being in this server, you give express permission for the bots on this server to save and manage your End User Data as required for their application. For more info, see https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/legal
- Please do not use the "playing" feature on Discord to show inappropriate matieral/material that breaks the above rules etc explicit content.
This is the list of all our channels.
- Guidelines - An easy way to view a reminder of the above guidelines.
- Announcements - A place where Wiki Administrators make statements that require attention.
- Twitter - The Wiki also has a twitter account and this channel allows quick and easy viewing of our Wiki's tweets.
- Mane - The place of the main chat, most of the discussion occurs here.
- Links_and_pics - This channel is for users to post pictures and links.
- Bot-channel - If you wish to use our bots, this channel is the place to do it.
- Mlp_material - This is a place for users to discussion anything MLP related which includes spoilers.
- Roleplay - For those who enjoy roleplay.
- Wiki - For casual discussion regarding the Wiki. Please note that no major changes can occur without a prior discussion in the appropriate forum.
- Ponyville_townhall - A place to discuss changes to our Discord server. Please note that no major changes can occur without a prior discussion in the appropriate forum.
- Mod-discussion - A place for moderators and administrators to discuss current affairs and ask for help in confidence.
- Mod-logs - When someone is warned, muted, banned or kicked on the server, our moderation bot makes a note of it on this channel.
Moderators will always try to warn fairly prior taking enforcement action (excluding warnings). If the warnings are not followed, the below actions may occur:
- Warn - A warning is logged by our moderator bot in #mod-logs and when possible, is always the first approach to a breach in guidelines.
- Mute - If warnings are not adhered to or on rare occasions, moderators are not left with another alternative, the mute function prevents users from sending any messages for the time-frame set by the muting moderator/administrator.
- Kick - The user in question is kicked from the server and are able to rejoin with a new invitation.
- Ban - A ban is regarded as a final resort and is only used in exceptional circumstances. This prevents the user rejoining and all links to the server show as "expired". A ban can be overturned, however it is moderator discretion and should only be undone with prior discussion with the banning moderator/administrator.