If you wish to socialize in real-time, we have a chat facility available through Discord, which is an up-to-date, user-friendly and nicely presented application. It is available for use via your internet browser, or you can download the Apps for Android, Apple, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
You can join our server any time by clicking on this link.
For help and support with using Discord, please click here.
For help appealing a ban, please read below.
Moderators are entrusted with rights to moderate the chat according to the guidelines. Moderators are assigned by an administrator.
By default, administrators also have moderator abilities in chat.
1) Please be respectful.
2) Please keep things such as roleplaying, lots of bot commands, or MLP spoilers etc. to the channels dedicated for these purposes.
3) Please check each channel's topic to know what it is used for.
- Chat topics which are making other users uncomfortable should be stopped when discomfort is clear.
4) Pornography, gore and other explicit material are not permitted: this includes links and direct uploads of such material.
5) Obscene usernames are not permitted. Do not misuse the "Playing..." Discord feature to display inappropriate comments.
6) Do not advertise: this includes other Discord servers and websites.
7) Do not flood the chat with emoticons, ASCII art, ALL-CAPS, or other hard-to-decipher text.
8) Do not post other people's personal information. Please exercise due care in sharing your own personal information.
9) Do not "mini-mod". If an administrator or moderator is dealing with a situation, please let them deal with the situation without further input.
10) If you would like to discuss a mute, kick or ban, please contact a moderator or administrator (ideally the one who gave the mute, kick or ban) through direct message. It is not acceptable to re-enter the server on a different account after a ban under any circumstances.
11) After an episode airing, spoilers are only allowed in #mlp_material until the Monday after.
@Wiki Administrators - these are administrators on the wiki. They have the ability to configure the server, manage nicknames and issue kicks, bans and mutes.
@Moderators - these are server moderators. They have the ability to manage nicknames and issue kicks, bans and mutes
@Ponyville Residents - these are the most active users on the server. If you chat enough, you will automatically obtain this role!
@Bots - these are the bots operated by trusted members of the community.
- Guidelines - An easy way to view a reminder of the above guidelines.
- Announcements - A place where Wiki Administrators make statements that require attention.
- Twitter - The Wiki also has a twitter account and this channel allows quick and easy viewing of our Wiki's tweets.
- Mane - The place of the main chat, most of the discussion occurs here.
- Links_and_pics - This channel is for users to post pictures and links.
- Bot-channel - If you wish to use our bots, this channel is the place to do it.
- Mlp_material - This is a place for users to discussion anything MLP related which includes spoilers.
- Roleplay - For those who enjoy roleplay.
- Wiki - For casual discussion regarding the Wiki. Please note that no major changes can occur without a prior discussion in the appropriate forum.
- Townhall - A place to discuss changes to our Discord server. Please note that no major changes can occur without a prior discussion in the appropriate forum.
- Forum-input - A place for Discord-only users to leave their input on the most recent forums
- Mod-discussion - A place for moderators and administrators to discuss current affairs and ask for help in confidence.
- Admin-discussion - A place for administrators to discuss current affairs and discuss matters requiring their attention.
- Mod-logs - When someone is warned, muted, banned or kicked on the server, our moderation bot makes a note of it on this channel.
Moderators will always try to warn fairly prior taking enforcement action (excluding warnings). If the warnings are not followed, the below actions may occur:
- Warn - A warning is logged by our moderator bot in #mod-logs and when possible, is always the first approach to a breach in guidelines.
- Mute - If warnings are not adhered to or on rare occasions, moderators are not left with another alternative, the mute function prevents users from sending any messages for the time-frame set by the muting moderator/administrator.
- Kick - The user in question is kicked from the server and are able to rejoin with a new invitation.
- Ban - A ban is regarded as a final resort and is only used in exceptional circumstances. This prevents the user rejoining and all links to the server show as "expired". A ban can be overturned, however it is moderator discretion and should only be undone with prior discussion with the banning moderator/administrator.
- If you wish to appeal a ban, please complete this form so that a moderator/administrator can see the request: https://goo.gl/forms/fGXMmYnLplZK8ehg2