The chat room is for socializing; it can be accessed here.
Users who were either promoted through community voting or promoted by an administrator; entrusted with rights to moderate in chat. See the mod timetable for rough times at which each moderator is active/inactive.
By default, administrators also have moderator abilities in chat.
A few bots operate on our Chat. Bots are selected through community consensus and any user may request a bot tag. A bot tag means the bots can edit without filling up WikiActivity. Below is a table displaying the bots, their owners and what they do for our chat.
|Username of Bot||Developer(s)||Purpose|
|FlutterBot||Sactage||Logging, general convenience.|
|Icecreambot||Callofduty4||Logging, much fun and convenience.|
|Noteworthy||343 TheGuiltyProphet||Logging, general convenience.|
- The chat hosts chat bots which are used primarily for logging the chat. These logs are made public for anyone to read on this page.
- The chat bots can also respond to commands, and post the information of YouTube videos when a YouTube link is posted. A list of commands can be found here.
- For information on how to use the chat options, see this guide.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Wiki's chat has certain rules in place to ensure that our chat appeals to all suitable ages.
NSFW or not safe for work means content that is generally considered something that should not be seen in a public space. It's due to this why the following is not permitted in the chat room.
- Gore - Gore/excessively bloody material must not be posted in the chat room.
- Sexually explicit - Any content posted in chat must not contain sexually explicit material. The type of content (videos, pictures, references or posts) does not matter, this is strictly prohibited.
- Discriminatory content - We encourage equal opportunities and therefore do not allow anything that puts some users below others. This includes content that has: Homophobia, sexism, racism and content that offends those with mental or physical impairments.
- Chan - Any content from sites such as 4chan are not appropriate due to their sites nature.
- Creepypasta - Please don't post any Creepypasta material due to their nature.
- Links - Links posted in chat must not contain inappropriate material, this includes in the link address itself.
In order for users to get along best, these rules have been put into place to make sure everyone can have a good time.
- Cussing - Cussing is not allowed. This includes acronyms. Users may link content containing cuss words but a warning must be given and a cuss word must not be in the link, this includes in YouTube titles when the bot is around. Tinyurl is good for hiding these.
- Harassment - Any harassment is not acceptable and this can range from constantly pinging a user (to annoy them) to bullying a user.
- Advertisement - Please don't try to advertise other Wiki's/other Wiki chats here. This encourages invasions.
- Flooding - Please do not post excessive amounts of song lyrics, ASCII art, bot commands, roleplay or general nonsense.
- Spam - Spam is when a user floods chat with unnecessary content, such as excessive amounts of emoticons. Please don't do this.
- Writing - When writing posts, please do not post excessive amounts of capital letters and non-English words.
- Spoliers - Posting spoilers or speaking about upcoming episodes in a spoilerific manner is not allowed here. Users are asked to allow two days after content has been released to speak about or post such content.
- Bans - Talking about bans excessively in main chat isn't allowed and if a user has any questions about bans, they should contact a moderator via a talkpage message or PM.
- Personal Information - For user protection, please don't ask for or give out any personal information without permission. Users are advised never to post content that should be kept private. (Passwords, local address etc)
- Trolling - Trolling is deemed the deliberate act to offend or upset users and this comes in all forms. Subtle trolling (making a user feel uncomfortable with actions not covered by any other rules) is also not allowed. It's also requested not to speak about topics that will upset other users or will incite bad responses.
- Emoticons - These are not to be used in an inappropriate/hostile manner.
- Backseating - If there are moderators around, it's advised to try pinging a moderator if any issues occur. Backseating can often cause more issues such as arguements and hostility which can make the issue bigger than it was. Let moderators deal with situations when they occur. If a moderator isn't around, users may try and inform others of the chat rules, should this fail, please report it to a chat moderator.
Evading a ban on an account using another account is strictly prohibited and doing this will result in the original account possibly having its ban extended, and any sockpuppet accounts being indefinitely banned.
- Moderators do not "outrank" other users. All users shall receive equal treatment.
- Before a kick is given, a warning must be given to explain to the user what is wrong with their behaviour. Likewise, a warning must also be given before a ban.
- The sole exceptions to this are offensive content/spam, and sockpuppet accounts.
- Do not use threats to make a point.
- Give bans only when necessary, and keep ban lengths as short as possible. Bans are at the discretion of moderators/admins, however they must still be kept appropriate.
- Communicate with other moderators. If there is a disagreement, for example, about a ban, a civil discussion in a PM should ensue before any ban is undone.
- If you feel uncomfortable dealing with a situation for any reason, do not hesitate to ask another moderator for help.
Chatmods who use ChatHacks and therefore have access to pings are recommended to keep some specific words on their pinglist. Such words could include "mod" and any commonly used variations of the mod's username as well as forbidden words.
Chatroom policies are decided by discussion, voting and consensus in the chat discussion forum. Anyone may start a poll or discussion and anyone may vote. Chatroom policies are still subject to the wiki's guidelines. Wiki discussion should be held in the forum.