Sapphire Shores in For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils
Unicorn (some merchandise)
Human (Equestria Girls dolls)
|Eyes||Light brilliant amber|
|Mane||¤ Light brilliant cobalt blue with light brilliant azure stripes|
|Coat||Pale, light grayish gold|
|Eyeshadow||Pale, light grayish blue violet|
|Relatives||Unnamed Earth mare (ancient relative)|
| Cutie mark|
None due to oversight (show)
Seashell (some merchandise)
|Voice||Rena Anakwe (English)|
Edna Kalb (Dutch)
Katja Sirkiä (Finnish)
Graziella Porta (Italian)
Nao Fujita (Japanese)
Lee Yong-shin (Korean)
Brygida Turowska (Polish, season 1)
Paulina Raczyło (Polish, season 4)
Rosely Gonçalves (Brazilian Portuguese)
Gabriela Codrea (Romanian)
Magda Giner (Latin American Spanish)
Jennie Jahns (Swedish)
Sapphire Shores is named after a Generation 3 Earth pony; however, her design and coat color are very different from the original. G3 Sapphire Shores has a pink coat while G4 Sapphire Shores has a pale olive coat. G3 Sapphire Shores also has a seashell cutie mark while G4 Sapphire Shores has no visible cutie mark due to a design oversight, though the mystery pack toy line depicts G4 Sapphire Shores with a seashell cutie mark as well. It is also worth noting that the toy is a unicorn and not an Earth pony.
- "Yes, I do have that effect on ponies."
- — Sapphire Shores, referring to Rarity fainting
Sapphire speaks with a loud, theatrical voice and with an accent reminiscent of an African-American vernacular, and she frequently inserts musical intonations into her sentences. She appears to be a parody of the self-promoting star who is always "on." Despite her fame and over-the-top mannerisms, she seems to be quite friendly and approachable towards Rarity.
AppearancesSapphire Shores appears in the cold opening/introduction of A Dog and Pony Show, walking into Rarity's shop after hearing about her designs. Rarity is awe-struck when she sees Sapphire, and addresses her as "The Pony of Pop." Sapphire is enthralled by Rarity's newly-made diamond garment and wants to buy it for her tour, called Ziegfilly Follies.
Along with that particular garment, she requests five more costumes in gems of different sorts, which is a problem for Rarity, as she had used all of her gems to make the one garment.
Sapphire Shores makes a cameo appearance in the season two episode Sweet and Elite. During the song, when Rarity is surrounded in a checkerboard pattern of Canterlot and Manehattan-residing ponies, Sapphire Shores is seen next to Hoity Toity. She also makes a cameo in the season four episode Rarity Takes Manehattan, in the Fashion Week crowd with Hoity Toity and Photo Finish.Sapphire appears again in For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils as one of Rarity's premiere clients. She initially appears in Sweetie Belle's dream, disapproving of Rarity's slipshod fashion designs and calling her "my ex-costume designer." She later appears alongside her backup dancers during a rehearsal in Canterlot. When Rarity shows Sapphire the costumes she made for her, she expresses her utmost approval for Sweetie Belle's dolphin-shaped stitching, the shape of Sapphire's "lucky animal."
Sapphire makes a cameo appearance in Equestria Games, sitting in the stadium crowd next to Hoity Toity.
Sapphire Shores appears on pages 7 and 8 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Issue #10. On page 13 of My Little Pony: Friends Forever Issue #1, Summer van der Hoof says that Sapphire Shores "loves honey!" Sapphire Shores also appears on page 1 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Issue #21 and on page 17 of My Little Pony: Friends Forever Issue #13.
Storybooks and software
In Rarity and the Curious Case of Charity, Sapphire Shores is mentioned in the story's narration and is featured on the bonus activity page "Searching for Sapphires."
My Little Pony mobile game description
Known as "the Pony of Pop," Sapphire Shores is a celebrity mare from Canterlot who enjoys Rarity's clothing designs.
Depiction in merchandiseThe fifth wave of mystery pack toys includes a toy named Sapphire Shores. This toy has a seashell cutie mark, a different eye color and somewhat different coat and mane colors from the show Sapphire Shores; it is also a unicorn, whereas in the show, Sapphire Shores appears to be an Earth pony. Like most mystery pack toys, it is a recolor of another pony, in this case Twilight Sparkle. The collector card accompanying the toy has different descriptions between the European and U.S. releases, respectively stating that Sapphire Shores "is quietly kind" and "loves to collect pretty seashells."
The Elements of Harmony guidebook
SAPPHIRE SHORES is known for her music throughout Equestria as the Pony of Pop. The fashion-forward celebrity has a taste for Rarity's jeweled creations.
- "I make it a point to know all of the up-and-coming designers, and Clothes Horse magazine simply raved about you."
- — A Dog and Pony Show
- "Oh, please, call me Sapphire."
- — A Dog and Pony Show
- "One more time, from the top. Let's not embarrass me in front of my favorite designer this time."
- — For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils
- "It's a dolphin! That's my lucky animal! They swim with me in my dreams."
- — For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils
- "Let's give it up for the Sapphire Shores crew! Woo! What was that dance called? It was hawt!"
- — Friendship is Magic Issue #10 page 8
- "If I'm going to reclaim my place as the number one Pony of Pop, my next show has to be TWICE as big and TWICE as bold!"
- — Enterplay collectible card game Absolute Discord #62 C card of Sapphire Shores
- Sapphire Shores on the Collectible Card Game Wiki
- Sapphire Shores on the Fan Wiki
- Sapphire Shores on the My Little Pony Gameloft Wiki
- ↑ Ted Anderson and Agnes Garbowska, The Creative Team Behind FIENDship is Magic: SIRENS, Talk Ponies of the Deep. IDW Publishing (2015-03-24). Retrieved on 2015 April 16.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lauren Faust (2011-03-19). DeviantArt: Comment on *fyre-flye's profile. Retrieved on 2012 December 25.
- ↑ Dubbingpedia's publication of credits from SDI's e-mail (Polish). Retrieved on 2014 September 4.
- ↑ My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks Fashion Doll Sapphire Shores Pre-Order ships December. ToyWhiz.com. Retrieved on 2014 September 30.