Since Season 8 is getting an early unveiling at Hascon 2017, I've decided to make my own recommendations for this season.
Here are five examples:
- Circus Ponies - Cheerilee and her class, including the Cutie Mark Crusaders, along with assistant Pinkie Pie, go to Fillydelphia to put on a circus show for all the foals and fillies there.
- Filly Scouts - Pinkie Pie is promoted to leader of the Filly Guides and takes the Cutie Mark Crusaders to a scout meeting. But things go terribly wrong when the Crusaders go hiking out in the Everfree Forest and Pinkie can't find them.
- Love Triangle - Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy argue over who gets to date with Discord when he can't decide himself.
- Pet Peeved - Pinkie Pie asks Fluttershy to take care of Gummy for a day in her animal sanctuary while she visits her family in the rock farm.
- Super Starlight - Starlight Glimmer tries out for the Pony Tones (from Filli Vanilli).
Throughout the whole season, these are not recommended:
- Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, or Rarity having the most (in fact, a lot of) major roles this season, since I can't think of any episode ideas for any of them.
- The Cutie Mark Crusaders only having interactions with each other and with AJ, RD and Rarity all season. For once, they need to interact with other characters too! Remember Dungeons & Discords with Spike, Discord and Big Mac?
- Certainly, any PinkieDash (Pinkie Pie/Rainbow Dash) or RariJack (Rarity/Applejack) episodes, like Honest Apple and Secrets and Pies.