Greetings, fellow Wikians! Another new episode, another "Let's Compare" blog! Today, we'll be comparing the eleventh episodes. Here they are.
All you need to do is to rank the episodes above from your favorite to least favorite. It's also appreciated if you give your thoughts on these episodes too.
Here's my ranking.
- Party Pooped: This is yet another very good Pinkie Pie episode. Like with her other episodes, the writers manage to balance her comedic personality with some meaningful characterization, as she is faced with the challenge of trying to please such unpleasable yaks. Her pure dedication in her job as portrayed in the episode reaffirms the reason why I love Pinkie Pie so much. This all leads to a great message about how instead of trying to copy Yakyakistan just to please the yaks, Pinkie and her friends should try to please them by making them feel at home in Equestria.
- Three's A Crowd: Pacing issues aside, this was such a good episode. Being that this is a Discord episode, high entertainment value is to be expected. Ed Valentine certainly delivers on that department by giving us a very entertaining episode. The Glass of Water sequence is such a great example of pure, rapid-fire animated creativity.
- Winter Wrap Up: This episode furthers Twilight's development as a character early in the series as she tries to find her place in Winter Wrap Up until we see what she's really good at: organization. Additionally, we got some worldbuilding surrounding Winter Wrap Up in Ponyville, which was done very well through one of the catchiest songs of the show. However, that world-building also brings up a problematic point, that being how it kinda encourages counter-productive traditions by not allowing unicorns to use their magic, so there's that. Nevertheless, this is still a good episode.
- Just for Sidekicks: This word pretty much sums up the episode for me: Fun. It was very entertaining seeing the antics surrounding Spike trying to handle the pets. I do like the characterization the writers gave to the pets here, which made them enjoyable to watch. Plus, this episode also re-addresses Spike's greedy instincts by providing him a challenge through gems; it shows that it is something that he continues to struggle with, which certainly makes for a pretty interesting conflict. Overall, it's definitely one of the better Spike episodes.
- Hearth's Warming Eve: This is a good episode. We got tons of great world-building here on the history of Equestria. Plus, we got a lot of really entertaining moments from the Mane 6 playing as the founders.
Now, how would you rank these episodes? Comment below and tell me what you think.