Greetings, fellow Wikians! Continuing from the last "Let's Compare" blog, let's move on to comparing the third episodes. Here they are.
All you need to do is to rank the above episodes from your favorite to least favorite. It's also appreciated if you give your two cents on them.
Here's my ranking.
- Lesson Zero: This easily takes the top spot for me. Not only is this one of the funniest episodes of the show, but it also does a great job at highlighting Twilight's fear of losing friends through exaggeration of character and shows how she can overreact to certain situations, which we've seen a number of times before and after this episode. In addition, we also got a bit of a shake-up in the status quo, with the main characters beside Twilight Sparkle now able to write friendship letters for Princess Celestia, which not only means Twilight will not be shoehorned into every single episode, but also means that the character development of other ponies can be highlighted even more. Overall, it's a great episode.
- Too Many Pinkie Pies: This is definitely one of my favorite Pinkie Pie episodes. It has a lot of great visual gags and plenty of jokes to offer, but what I loved the most about it is Pinkie Pie herself. She faces a great conflict involving an existential crisis, and the episode also highlights her prominent trait, that is her love of her friends, through showing us her fears of losing them and her absolute dedication towards the "watching paint dry" test. It's a truly great episode all around.
- Castle Sweet Castle: A good debut from writer duo Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco. What I really liked about it is the characterization of Twilight's friends, with the episode showcasing each of their personalities quite well, making them enjoyable to watch. Plus, it's pretty sweet to see them try their best to make the castle as good as possible for their best friend. This leads us to a very heartwarming ending with a great lesson about how the memories you've made can inspire you to make new ones.
- Castle Mane-ia: The premise of the main characters (besides Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Spike) visiting a castle that seems to be haunted makes for a very enjoyable episode as we watch them get scared due to several things which inhabit the castle, whether it'd be an organ or armors. It's definitely a good debut for Josh Haber in the show.
- The Ticket Master: Considering this is the first slice-of-life episode of the show, I felt that this was a much more proper introduction of the show than the pilot when it comes to the show's style, and this one's pretty decent. All of the Mane Six were pretty enjoyable here, each with their own moments to shine. Other than that, I don't think I really have much to say about the episode.
How would you rank these episodes? Comment below and tell me what you think!