Greetings, fellow Wikians! We've officially reached the halfway point of the season, which means today's the time to compare the thirteenth episode of each season. Here are the episodes.
With this, Season 3 has come to a close as far as "Let's Compare" blogs go. You will not be seeing this season in any of the blogs after this one.
...well, except for one. I am planning on having Magical Mystery Cure be compared alongside other season finales and Party of One after Season 5 ends, so look forward to that.
This will also be the last "Let's Compare" blog for quite a while as we are now entering the mid-season break. I'll be making more of these blogs later this year when Season 5 returns. However, I do plan on making one for all the Equestria Girls movies after Friendship Games airs on September 26.
Anyway, all you need to do is to rank the episodes above from your favorite to least favorite. It's also appreciated if you give your thoughts on these episodes too.
- Magical Mystery Cure: It's a great musical episode that wonderfully sums up the show's central theme of friendship extremely well and serves as a great pay-off to Twilight Sparkle's character arc involving her learning the magic of friendship that started all the way back in the first episode. I love it.
- Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?: What a crazy episode this is. This episode really took its premise around dreams to its full advantage as the show staff exercises their creativity a lot. In addition, we got some nice character exploration of Princess Luna involving her guilt of her past and it pays off quite well. Yeah, it has some pacing issues but it's still nonetheless a strong way to end a strong first half of Season 5.
- Fall Weather Friends: It's very entertaining to see Rainbow Dash and Applejack fight with each other throughout the episode, plus Pinkie's commentary was quite funny. It is a good episode.
- Baby Cakes: This is a decent episode. Yeah, the plot is clichéd as all hell. However, I feel that Pinkie Pie's character development is the strong point of the episode for me. She learns that babysitting is no fun and games, and she becomes a more mature pony as she learns the responsibilities of taking care of babies.
- Simple Ways: This episode's an entertaining one. It's enjoyable to see Rarity go on great lengths just to woo Trenderhoof to the point of trying to imitate a farmpony. However, the real standout character here is Applejack. Not only was she funny in her imitation of Rarity, but she also shows herself to be a good friend as she puts some sense into Rarity. Overall, it's a decent episode.
So, how would you rank these episodes? Comment below and tell me what you think!