Greetings, fellow Wikians! So, only six days until the season finale? Man, did this season go by fast. While we're in the middle of the Season 5 finale hype, it's time that we take a look at the twenty-fourth episodes of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.
Here are the episodes.
Owl's Well That Ends Well
MMMystery on the Friendship Express
The Mane Attraction
All you need to do is to rank the episodes above from your favorite to least favorite. It's also appreciated if you give your thoughts on these episodes too.
Now, a few commonalities that I want to point out:
- Two of these episodes focus mainly on Spike. (Owl's Well That Ends Well and Equestria Games)
- Two of these episodes were written by Amy Keating Rogers. (MMMystery on the Friendship Express and The Mane Attraction)
Anyway, on to my ranking list.
- The Mane Attraction: Applejack's virtues here are in full display here as she helps her old filly friend Coloratura become her true self instead of hiding behind an image constructed by a selfish manager, showing her exactly what true friendship looks like. Add that up with some great music courtesy of Daniel Ingram's musicianship and featured guest actress Lena Hall's singing talent and you got yourself a great feel-good episode to end Amy Keating Rogers's run as a writer of the show on a high note.
- Equestria Games: This is the best Spike episode to date. I thought the writers did a great job with portraying Spike's conflict here, delving pretty deep into the emotions Spike goes through from stage fright to the feeling of embarrassment, all leading up to his triumphant save-the-day moment and a very mature moral.
- MMMystery on the Friendship Express: Pinkie's brand of comedy has been quite a delight in a lot of instances, and this episode is no exception as it uses the mystery story to truly get some fine comedic material. It is also used to highlight Twilight's intelligence by showing her conducting the investigation through hard evidence and avoiding any baseless conclusions. Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good.
- Owl's Well That Ends Well: This episode isn't anything special, though I do feel it has some good stuff to make this a decent episode. I appreciate how the episode portrayed Spike as pretty much a child who can behave very immaturely at times. This episode delves more into Twilight and Spike's relationship, which I thought was quite interesting.
So, how would you rank these episodes? Comment below and tell me what you think! I imagine a lot of you are going to put The Mane Attraction at the top of your lists.