This is a user blog, so I'm going to use it like a blog and blow off some steam. The UK broadcast first appeared on the television channel Boomerang on 4th July, and broadcast an episode a day. By that count, we should have gone through the whole season once, and should have had A Dog and Pony Show for the second time today. Instead, today was the fourth showing of Friendship is Magic, part 1. In other words, those of us in the UK are starting our fourth repeat of the first half of the season. I was hoping we'd continue right through this time, because then we'd have two episodes to go when season 2 hits in the US, but no.
It gets frustrating because a lot of good moments are in the second half of the season; there's Derpy Hooves' first intentional appearance, all the antics of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, many good lines (including the 20% cooler line)... the list goes on.
Now I don't know if there's a good reason, whether there's some issue to do with the songs that take inspiration from real songs (Art of the Dress/At the Gala), or whether they're stretching it out for as long as possible because there's a finite number of episodes, but I'm starting to get annoyed. My favourite episodes are both in the second half of the season, which according to Boomerang don't yet exist. Even on their website the only mention of FiM is on the schedule; most of the other shows they exclusively broadcast have individual pages about them, whereas FiM has no such page.
These are the episodes we've had in summary:
- Week 1, 4 July - 8 July, Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Week 2, 11 July - 15 July, Episodes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Week 3, 18 July - 22 July, Episodes 11, 12, 13, 1, 2
- Week 4, 25 July - 29 July, Episodes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Week 5, 1 August - 5 August, Episodes 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Week 6, 8 August - 12 August, Episodes 13, 1, 2, 3, 4
- Week 7, 15 August - 19 August, Episodes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Week 8, 22 August - 26 August, No Episodes (Scooby Doo marathon instead)
- Week 9, 29 August - 2 September, Episodes 10, 11, 12, 13, 1
I'm not quite at the point where I send them
an angry a polite email asking about the broadcast of the second half of the season, that's reserved for if I tune in on Wednesday 21st, the week after season 2 begins broadcasting in the US, and episode 1 is broadcast for the fifth time.
Okay. Steam blown, rant over. Hope you didn't waste too much of your time reading what is essentially
whining complaining. --Kinrah 16:47, September 2, 2011 (UTC)