Heeeyyyy, everypony! It's Meester Tweester! I promised you a guest star this time, and I will not disappoint you this time. EHAN has agreed to discuss his choices for Pony Voting 9- National Episodes. Let me remind you those were episodes taking place mostly outside of Ponyville, with fifteen in all. I won't stall any longer, now. EHAN, please introduce yourself and explain your voting choices!
- For those who don't know me that well, I'm an episode reviewer here on the wiki, a regular member of the chat, as well as the former leader of the chat ninjas! I'm here to talk about the results, so I'll discuss my choices: Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolts Academy, Sonic Rainboom, Pinkie Apple Pie, and Rarity Takes Manehattan.
- Sleepless in Ponyville is one of my all-time favorite episodes, with not only great writing and some much needed bonding between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, but also gorgeous visuals! The scenery definitely fit the mood of each scene, and at the end, we were treated to the beautiful Winsome Falls. It's always a treat to rewatch this episode. I'm glad it was so popular among you guys.
- Wonderbolts Academy was another stroke of brilliance in the writing department, and also gave us a view of the almost militaristic Wonderbolt Academy. Definitely a tougher environment than the show was used to, the episode definitely pulled it off and gave us one of the defining character episodes for Rainbow Dash. It deserves every bit of recognition it gets.
- Sonic Rainboom was another great case of character development for our multicolor daredevil. It showed us the more fragile side of Rainbow Dash, the city in the clouds named Cloudsdale, and best of all, the titular sonic rainboom itself. One of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, episode of season 1. Again, another episode definitely worthy of mentioning.
- Rarity Takes Manehattan was not the first episode to show us the bustling metropolis named Manehattan, but it gave us a much more expansive look at the city. In what's possibly my favorite Rarity episode, we get to see Rarity at her best, but also at her worst, reminding us that we should look past the low points in life and focus on making the best out of a situation. Without a doubt an episode worth talking about.
- Now I know Pinkie Apple Pie wasn't too popular with most of you, but it spoke to me on a more personal level. It was a faithful representation on what family is all about. Even in the face of disagreement, the Apple Family (with Pinkie Pie along for the ride) grew ever closer together in their experiences, and sending the message that it's not all about the destination, it's also about the journey to get there and the memories made along the way. It's kind of a shame most of you didn't care for this episode, but I thought I should give it the representation it deserves.
Those are some deep and thorough thoughts there. Thanks for joining me tonight, EHAN!
True to EHAN's word, Sleepless is Ponyville is the community's first place favorite national episode, with Wonderbolts Academy following in second. Daring Don't and Rainbow Falls didn't fare as well, with zero poll votes and zero comment votes registering under their names. Funny how some Rainbow Dash appearances can be popular, and some of them just aren't.
|Pony Voting 9 results: National Episodes|
|Episode||# of poll votes||# of comment votes|
|Sleepless in Ponyville||5||4|
|Sweet and Elite||2||0|
|Sonic Rainboom, Castle Mane-ia, Power Ponies, Rarity Takes Manehattan, and Pinkie Apple Pie||0||2|
|Friendship is Magic, part 2 and Over a Barrel||1||1|
|A Canterlot Wedding, The Crystal Empire, and Games Ponies Play||0||1|
|Daring Don't and Rainbow Falls||0||0|
Last time in Pony Voting 11, I let you guys decide which Mane 6 member would be the focus of this blog's voting. I drew you a visual representation of the votes here:
Congratulations to Pinkie Pie, we get to vote on her! All songs through season three were already voted way back in Pony Voting 4, but I have a better idea. I believe Pinkie Pride is the most effective musical in FiM, with every song relevant and thrilling. I can't really say every song was memorable in Magical Mystery Cure and Equestria Girls, but Pinkie Pride surely steps past them quite a bit. Added onto the fact Weird Al Yankovic is singing as a guest star, I'd call Pinkie Pride my favorite episode of Season 4 so far.
Here's something more simpler: a record low of only six options! Vote in the poll once and post your top three favorite Pinkie Pride Songs in the comments. Let's see which song of the musical was truly the best of them all!
|Pinkie Pride Songs:|
What is the best Pinkie Pride song?
Vote for your favorite Pinkie Pride song AND put your top three list in the comments!
I'll see you in Pony Voting 13, with a new guest star! Until then, brush your teeth, get enough exercise, eat healthy, scrub behind your ears, and drive home safely tonight, This has been Meester Tweester, and goodnight Ponyville!