Greetings everypony! John Darkblaze here with yet another blog post! This time, I will be listing my top ten favorite characters in the My Little Pony universe and discussing my reasons for these opinions. Without further or do, let's jump right in!
- Twilight Sparkle: as most of you probably already know from one of my earlier posts, Twilight Sparkle is easily my favorite pony in the Mane 6 as well as the entire show for several reasons. One of these reasons is her adorkableness when it comes to books and knowledge; her passion for reading, humbleness, and overall cuteness make her number 1 in my book!
- Fluttershy: As with Twilight, I mention how Fluttershy is my second favorite character in the same blog post. I find a lot of qualities in Fluttershy that I see in myself; kindness, shyness, and compassion for others (not to toot my own horn, though). While she has not been completely perfect throughout the show, I believe her abilities and traits easily overpower her flaws.
- Dr. Hooves: I really like this character, and not for the obvious reasons you all may be thinking, because I have never seen a single episode of Doctor Who. No, this character won a spot on this list because of his dedication and passion for sience and curiosity of extraordinary things. I really appreciate how the writers handled his personality in Slice of Life, and overall I find the Doctor very likeable.
- Minuette: My love for this particular pony came from the epsiode Amending Fences, of course. In my opinion, she is a better, cuter, more tolerable version of Pinkie Pie (who I will discuss in a later blog post); her positive energy can be very contagious and her design is very nice. Overall, Minuette is probably my second favorite out of the "Alternate Mane 6", which includes Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine, Lyra Heartstrings, and two others in this list.
- Coloratura: Honestly, what's not to love about this very talented pony pop star? She's kind, compassionate, cares for her close friends and relationships, and has an extraordinary voice (thanks, Lena Hall!) I like that she was able to come to her senses towards the end of her debut episode and sing one of the best songs from Season 5 in my opinion! She is also probaly the one pony I would consider to be my MLP "waifu".
- Princess Cadance and Shining Armor: I grouped these ponies together because it seemed unfair not to do so; plus, it gives me more room to include more ponies! Cadence is my favorite Princess in the show to date (not including Twilight, of course) because she's so easy-going and humble for a regal Equestrian figure; she is able to keep things in order and have fun while doing it. Shining Armor is somewhat similar in this regard; while he does take his duties seriously, he does not neglect those he truely cares about to spend time with them (maybe he should have been the Element of Loyalty XD :-))
- Moon Dancer: I feel that I can relate to this character the most out of everypony in the Mlp universe. Her ordeal with trying to make friends despite being introverted reminds me of my experiences with making friends in school, and her emotional breakdown at the end of Amending Fences kind of tugged my heart strings. Other than that, I really like how similar she is to Twilight and how she is the representation of how Twilight would have turned out if she had stayed in Canterlot.
- Discord: Whether he portrays a scheming, manipulative antagonist or a humerous, compassionate friend, the "Master of Chaos" has earned a rightful place on this list since his debut. I like how he constantly toys with the Mane 6, yet it doesn't feel hostile like in the Return of Harmony; also, his development throughout the series has been phenomenal! From betraying the Mane 6 to Tirek all the way to having them accept him as their true friend, Discord has truely come full circle in terms of his character, and I can't wait to see more of him!
- Coco Pommel: I really like Coco simply because she's so darn cute! I love her in all of her appearacnes, especially in Made in Manehattan. From the way she sits on the seat in her apartment to her adorable overreactions to the events in Made in Manehattan, I find Coco to be very likeable as well as relateable, especially with her ability to break away from Suri in Season 4.
- Sunset Shimmer: While I was not initialy too fond of her; one song instantly made her my favorite supporting character (for those who don't know, it is "My Past is Not Today"). Her overall design is interesting, and I love her personality from Rainbow Rocks onwards (and I'm sure most of you will agree with me on this). One thing I wish the writers would capitalize on, especialy in upcoming movies, is her tnese relationship wth Princess Celestia, and I desperately want her to return to Equestria to try and resolve any issues they may have.
So, what do you guys think of my list? Comment below on who your favorite characters are and why!