Here's a list of stuff I want the show (and EG) to address before it ends. Give me a heads up if there's something I left off this list. I tried to be pretty thorough.
Antagonists (reformed or not):
- Discord - Where did Discord come from? Why was Discord not around during the time of the original Hearth's Warming, and what caused him to rise to power? Are there other Draconequi? If not, why does he have a species name?
- Sombra - Who was he? A former student of Starswirl gone bad, perhaps? Did he die, or will he return eventually?
- Chrysalis and the Changelings - How did Chrysalis become the Queen? What's her baggage? How did the Changelings all become "unreformed" and gain their classic, black, withered appearance? Were they always like that, or n…
Read more >
In Season 3 Episode 7, Wonderbolts Academy, Spitfire tells Rainbow Dash:
- "You're no wingpony, Rainbow Dash. You're a leader."
This didn't mean much to me at the time, but upon reading the Wonderbolts Academy Handbook and rewatching the episode, this line took on a WHOLE NEW MEANING for me. From the handbook:
- "A LEADER is a pony with a high rank. A high rank has authority and control over a team's structure and function. A leader has a great deal of applicable experience and is knowledgeable on an assortment of relevant subjects."
After this are descriptions of TEAM MEMBERS (Wonderbolts who left the reserves and become a part of the team) and CADETS (what Dash was before Firestreak retired). In other words, this line from Spitfire may be foreshadowin…Read more >
In Pinkie Apple Pie, it is said that Auntie Applesauce is the fourth cousin twice removed of a member of the Pie family. But who is it? I believe I can answer that question definitively, with science (er, more with logic and canon, but still)!
Firstly, if Applesauce is their 4th cousin twice removed, that means Applesauce is two generations above them on the family tree (a fourth cousin to their grandparent). This means they'd be around the same age as AJ's parents (if AJ's parents were still alive, that is). This gives two rather obvious candidates: Pinkie's parents. Now this leaves two possibilities: either Igneous Rock Pie's mother was an Apple, or Cloudy Quartz was an Apple who married into the Pies. Given Cloudy's name, I find it unlikel…Read more >
As a complete and utter nerd with no life, one thing that has always puzzled me is the birth dates of the various ponies we've encountered in the show, especially the ones whose birthdays have been mentioned or shown in the show itself. However, today I have nailed down Twilight Sparkle's exact birthdate, using evidence from the show itself as well as from real life and Equestria Girls: Friendship Games.
Taking a look at Twilight's calendar from the start of Friendship Games, we notice a few things. First of all, the current date (the day before the Friendship Games) is the 9th of an unknown month. Second, the month has a minimum of 30 days, as there is a birthday cake marking the 30th of that same month. And finally, we now know that Twilig…
Read more >
I'm a horrible person who does math for no reason.
Let's take a look at some of the stuff I've done!
In Season 2's Hearthswarming episode, we see an 8-foot candy cane with two fillies for comparison next to it. From this, and by comparing the size of side-by-side ponies, we can come up with the following:
- 2'09" Filly (CMC body type)
- 4'00" Fully grown mare (Mane Six body type)
- 4'09" Alicorn Twilight (without horn)
- 4'11" Big Mac
- 5'01" Alicorn Twilight (with horn)
- 5'05" Luna and Cadence (without horn)
- 5'10" Cadence (with horn)
- 6'06" Luna (with horn)
- 7'01" Celestia (without horn)
- 9'00" Celestia (with horn)
In Hard to Say Anything, Big Mac is said to have walked the distance to Starlight's Village six times (three trips). From this, and a few basic m…
Read more >