I'm a horrible person who does math for no reason.
Let's take a look at some of the stuff I've done!
A Pony By Any Other Size Would Be Just As Colorful
In Season 2's Hearthswarming episode, we see an 8-foot candy cane with two fillies for comparison next to it. From this, and by comparing the size of side-by-side ponies, we can come up with the following:
- 2'09" Filly (CMC body type)
- 4'00" Fully grown mare (Mane Six body type)
- 4'09" Alicorn Twilight (without horn)
- 4'11" Big Mac
- 5'01" Alicorn Twilight (with horn)
- 5'05" Luna and Cadence (without horn)
- 5'10" Cadence (with horn)
- 6'06" Luna (with horn)
- 7'01" Celestia (without horn)
- 9'00" Celestia (with horn)
How Fast is Fast Food? | The Speed of a Big Mac
In Hard to Say Anything, Big Mac is said to have walked the distance to Starlight's Village six times (three trips). From this, and a few basic measurements, we can gather:
- The trip likely takes, at maximum, one day.
- Big Mac is walking at 76 pixels per second (28 inches per second, when comparing his height).
- Big Mac walking at that pace in 24 hours means the distance to Starlight's village is likely 38.13 miles or less.
- Big Mac is hauling 6 barrels of regular sized apples, three fillies, and a cart with a cloth over it, plus a book and a couple other items.
- The barrels hold around 60 apples each based on size of apples, barrels, and visible apples on top.
- There are 20 lbs of apples, 270 lbs of fillies, and likely around 10 lbs of other material that Big Mac is hauling.
- Big Mac is hauling 300 lbs at a staggering 1.6 miles per hour (an average walking speed) for an extended period of time. Earth Pony hardiness indeed.
I'm Going off the Rails in a Friendship Train
How fast does the Friendship Express move?
- In Season 5 Episode 11, Pinkie is seen standing next to the Train for a few moments, showing us that the Train's large wheels have a diameter that is 70% Pinkie's height, or 33 inches (the exact height of the CMC, weird).
- We see the Train moving from the side in Season 5 Episode 1, where it moves 254 inches in 0.47 seconds.
- The Train moves at a staggering 30.7 miles per hour, or 1919% the speed of Big Mac's leisurely stroll to Starlight's village. If Big Mac took the train, he's get there nearly 20x faster!
- Assuming the maximum distance between Ponyville and Starlight's Village from earlier, the furthest point from Ponyville on the map is only 80.2 miles away or less.
- If there was a train ride straight from Ponyville to the furthest point on the Friendship Map, it would be a short journey only taking 2 hours and 37 minutes or less.