|Q1 2012 (Jan 1 - March 31)|
|Q2 2012 (April 1 - June 30)|
|Q3 2012 (July 1 - September 30)|
|Q4 2012 (October 1 - December 31)|
Got any problems, troubles, conundrums, or any other sort of issues, major or minor, that I as a good friend can help you solve?
Transcript and Closed Captions
Hi, first I want to say thanks for the transcript. It's really important for making subtitles into other languages. Will you do it also for season 5?
And couldn't you use somehow CCExtractor to make fast version of transcript through Closed Captions and format and correct it afterwards? I don't know if in UK you have available TV broadcast of MLP (Discovery Family). Just an idea...
- You're welcome! I will indeed be resuming initial transcripting duties for Season 5, with the possible exception of episodes 14 and 15 (I think) due to a pre-planned holiday. This is a wiki, though, so I'm sure somebody can pick up the slack.
- As to the second, unfortunately that's not possible. We do have a broadcast of MLP in the UK, but not on Discovery Family (we don't have that particular channel), and as we're not yet finished with S4 here, it's unlikely we'll get S5 until several months after the US airing. As it is though, I usually have the initial transcripts up within a couple of hours of the episode ending, and that's still pretty darn quick. --Kinrah (talk) 19:31, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, this week's episode (Party Pooped) I'm good to do, it's the two weeks afterwards I'm probably not going to be able to do. In both directions I'll be travelling at night, so really it depends on when I get there and when I get back. It's more likely that I miss the episode on July 4th (if there is one) than the one on July 11th, though. --Kinrah (talk) 18:00, June 25, 2015 (UTC)
Oh, well it's confirmed no episode on the 4th. But whether there's an episode on the 11th is unknown. But either way, if you're unavailable, I'd be more than glad to do episode 13 for you
A little something
Just in case you didn't see my blog or chat message, I'm leaving this wiki today. Thank you for being with me for the 3 years since I joined. I will miss you. BTW do you have a Skype or someway we can still communicate? If you do then my Skype name is Halofan112. Goodbye! |-| /-\ L 0 F/-\ N 11 (talk) 20:04, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry for asking here but can I ask you to try to fix my profile? I've been trying to delete the two ambox templates and everything inbetween them in the middle of my guestbook but they keep coming back and I don't know what to do about it let alone how they got there, so I'm just asking if you can delete them or tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
I was going to ask you on chat but you were busy and I honestly didn't know how long it would take (and I still don't) and I had to be going so I wanted to see if you could do it. Thanks again!
17:34, April 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for doing that for me Kin! I'm sorry to have bothered you, but it kept popping back up. Thanks again! 00:14, April 5, 2015 (UTC)
Heya! Hope you'll have time to drop by a new forum thread I've just created about converting the infoboxes here at MLP to something that'll work a little better for the hundreds of thousands of visitors who use this site monthly! — CzechOut 19:48, October 19, 2015 (UTC)
A new way to tab in infoboxes
Hey again :) Just wanted to get your feedback about a new kind of infobox tabbing that actually works in mobile. We're really excited to hear what you think, so please drop by Forum:Tabs in infoboxes if you can! Thanks! — CzechOut 21:36, October 29, 2015 (UTC)
Friendship Games Transcript
Hey. I've made a transcript of the Friendship Games commentary. It doesn't look like anybody's ever made a transcript of a commentary before, and I was advised to run it by you, see what you think. I don't know if this is even article material, but this is something I wanted to see personally, so I wanted to offer it up in case other people wanted to see this too.
I've been over it several times, and I'm sure the transcription itself is accurate, but after over six hours I had to give up matching up the names to the lines. There are six people on the commentary: Brian Leonard, Josh Haber, Daniel Ingram, Jayson Thiessen, Ishi Rudell and Rebecca Dart. Rebecca Dart is obviously easy to identify since she's the only woman, and Daniel Ingram is too because of his quiet, raspy voice, but the remaining four guys are difficult to distinguish once they start talking over each other and using different tones of voice for different scenes (first detached, then excited, etc.). I created named (confirmed) samples of each of their voices, but even then there were many cases where I couldn't tell them apart.
By means of context (replies to questions mostly) I was able to securely label maybe 5%, and using my voice samples I was able to label another 10% with certainly, but that's still only a fraction of the full transcript, and in order to label even 50% I had to get so sloppy with my voice detection that I might as well have been making random guesses.
The transcription itself is mostly ad verbatim, i.e., including all the hedges and grammatical errors. There were some names I was unable to find in the credits, e.g., "Kaley Johnson" (actually I just found her on IMDB, it's "Kaylee Johnston"), so I made a guess on the spellings, but other people might be able to track them down.
What do you think? I wanted to see this, but without reliable naming for the full transcript it might never qualify for article status. I put it on Pastebin if you want to see: http://pastebin.com/B5w765vJ
Happy Easter 2016
Have a great easter this weekend Kin. (hug) 17:00, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
Happy Easter 2016!
Have a great Easter Kin!
23:09, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
hey Kin! I was just wondering if we should put up the script previews that the official MLP Snapchat put up earlier? It's just bugging e a bit that it isn't there and I was just wondering if there was a reason it wasn't there. Just get back to me ASAP. Thanks! CoLoRFuL DiTZ~ 18:45, June 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Generally by the time I get to the page it's been added already regardless. One word of caution though; one common thread in all of the episodes vs the snapchat of the script's first page is that things can change between the page and the screen. Obviously it doesn't differ too much, but there have been sentences differently phrased (Applejack's Day Off) to sentences in a different order altogether (Saddle Row Review). --Kinrah (talk) 20:34, June 3, 2016 (UTC)
- So what precaution should we take for Spice Up Your Life? Write it as it appear so inSnapchat or wait for the official airing? There's also the option to hide, but I don't know how to do that.
CoLoRFuL DiTZ~ 00:27, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
MLP Wiki Twitter
The official MLP Wiki Twitter is now live. If you'd like access, let me know and I'll send you the sign-in password in a chat PM. Thank you. 19:27, July 15, 2016 (UTC)