Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Eyes||Light spring green|
|Coat||Light yellowish gray|
| Cutie mark|
|Voice||Tabitha St. Germain (English)|
Sabrina Bonfitto (Italian)
Elena Chebaturkina (Russian)
Regina Carrillo (Latin American Spanish)
Natalya Romanko (Ukrainian)
Zipporwhill's name is a play on the bird(s) whip-poor-will; Amy Keating Rogers, the writer of Filli Vanilli, "thought if she was zipping as she flew she'd be a 'Zippoorwhill.'" The spelling "Zippoorwhill" was used in the script by Rogers, but the spelling "Zipporwhill" is used in the credits; Rogers has stated regarding this, "if the credits say Zipporwhill, go with that[,]" and the spelling "Zipporwhill" has since been used both for Gameloft's mobile game and for Enterplay trading card series 3 card #E79.
Depiction in the series
Zipporwhill appears in the season four episode Filli Vanilli. She attends the Ponyville Pet Center fundraiser with her father. There, she watches the Pony Tones perform and adopts a puppy for a pet. Following the performance, Zipporwhill and her father approach the Pony Tones and ask them to perform at Zipporwhill's cute-ceañera the next day. Though Rarity initially declines because of such short notice, Fluttershy convinces her to accept so that they don't disappoint Zipporwhill. The Pony Tones perform at the cute-ceañera the next day, much to Zipporwhill's excited delight.
Zipporwhill speaks with a slight Latin American accent.
Zipporwhill is a playable character in Gameloft's mobile game, added in the game's Everfree Forest update. In the game, Zipporwhill is an Earth pony instead of a Pegasus, and her in-game description states, "Zipporwhill is a little pony with a huge personality. She is also the biggest fan of the Pony Tones quartet!" A promotional image for the game depicts her as a Pegasus.
In the High Magic expansion set of Enterplay's collectible card game, card #83 R of Zipporwhill features the quote "Omigosh what a cute puppy! Did you know I memorized all the dog breeds in the encyclopedia?! There's terriers and sheepdogs and mastiffs and bullmastiffs and bulldogs and... Hey, where're you going?" In the Marks in Time expansion set, card #58 R of Zipporwhill features the quote "Puppies! Kitties! Bunnies! Yesyesyesyesyes!"
- "My new puppy and I thought it was super-duper crazy good!"
- — Filli Vanilli
- "Oh, no..."
- — Filli Vanilli
- "Whoo, yeah, alright! We got the Pony Tones! We got the Pony Tones!"
- — Filli Vanilli
- "Omigosh what a cute puppy! Did you know I memorized all the dog breeds in the encyclopedia?! There's terriers and sheepdogs and mastiffs and bullmastiffs and bulldogs and...
Hey, where're you going?"
- — Enterplay collectible card game High Magic card #83 R of Zipporwhill
- "Puppies! Kitties! Bunnies! Yesyesyesyesyes!"
- — Enterplay collectible card game Marks in Time card #58 R of Zipporwhill
- Zipporwhill on the My Little Pony Gameloft Wiki
- Zipporwhill, Puppy Addict on the Collectible Card Game Wiki
- Zipporwhill, Pet Collector on the Collectible Card Game Wiki
- ↑ Amy Keating Rogers (2014-02-15). Amy Keating Rogers on Twitter: "@KTonarella It's a play on the bird Whip-poor-whill. I thought if she was zipping as she flew she'd be a "Zippoorwhill."". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 March 12.
- ↑ Amy Keating Rogers (2014-02-18). Amy Keating Rogers on Twitter: "@jordanolling I spelled it Zippoorwhill in the script based off of Whip-poor-whill. But if the credits say Zipporwhill, go with that.". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 March 12.